Studie at the Good Guys Carshow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studie at the Good Guys Carshow

This week-end I had our 50 Starlight at the Good Guys car show in Colorado. It was a big hit! With all those street rods and other kinds of cars the Studebaker drew a crowd! Many people told me how cool it was and DIFFERENT than all the hot rods there. Well it was a hot rod car show but could not resist taking the Starlight there anyway. I heard Studebaker tales all day long from people that have not seen a car like this since they were a kid.

To top off the day it got its picture taken for the Good Guys Gazette!

Rick
    Wellington, Colorado

[img][/img]

Cool, I had my 41 Hotrod Champion at the Goodguys in Des Moines last year and it sure got a lot of interest also and it is not even a high buck car.

Frank van Doorn
    1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
    1963 Daytona Conv
    1941 Champion R-2 Rod
    Frank van Doorn
    Omaha, Ne.
    1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
    1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
    1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Cool, I had my 41 Hotrod Champion at the Goodguys in Des Moines last year and it sure got a lot of interest also and it is not even a high buck car.

Frank van Doorn
      1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
      1963 Daytona Conv
      1941 Champion R-2 Rod
      Frank van Doorn
      Omaha, Ne.
      1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

I'm glad that you are taking Studes. to the National shows as it helps our exposure to the public with Studebakers. When we take ours, after we get passed the "is this a Rambler?" they find the cars very interesting. DesMoines GoodGuys show is coming soon. GoodGuys and National Street Rod Association are both on-line and both have shows coast to coast where about 1% of the cars are Studebakers. "Back to the Fifties" in St. Paul is coming soon with 11,000 cars and maybe 100 Studes. Louisville NSRA 12,000 cars in attendance.......Brad

Comment

I'm glad that you are taking Studes. to the National shows as it helps our exposure to the public with Studebakers. When we take ours, after we get passed the "is this a Rambler?" they find the cars very interesting. DesMoines GoodGuys show is coming soon. GoodGuys and National Street Rod Association are both on-line and both have shows coast to coast where about 1% of the cars are Studebakers. "Back to the Fifties" in St. Paul is coming soon with 11,000 cars and maybe 100 Studes. Louisville NSRA 12,000 cars in attendance.......Brad

Comment

Even met 2 guys with 41 Champions at Des Moines Goodguys last year, am going back this year with my GT Hawk, noone will mistake that for a Rambler

Frank van Doorn
            1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
            1963 Daytona Conv
            1941 Champion R-2 Rod
            Frank van Doorn
            Omaha, Ne.
            1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Even met 2 guys with 41 Champions at Des Moines Goodguys last year, am going back this year with my GT Hawk, noone will mistake that for a Rambler

Frank van Doorn
              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
              1963 Daytona Conv
              1941 Champion R-2 Rod
              Frank van Doorn
              Omaha, Ne.
              1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed

Comment

Always a fun time at Goodguys. I have had the 53 at both Des Moines & Scottsdale multiple times. Never a pick but it gets attention
                Denny L

Comment

Always a fun time at Goodguys. I have had the 53 at both Des Moines & Scottsdale multiple times. Never a pick but it gets attention
                  Denny L

Comment

A whole bunch of Studes showed up at the Goodguys in Spokane in '05 since it was at the tail end of the International-probably the most at any National rod event. It was great to see so many, and they definitely attracted a lot of attention...and a several took home awards.

We hit the Northwest Nationals in Puyallup, Washington last year, and even tho it was one near disaster after another for us (broken ring, failed valve cover gasket, leaking gas tank, blown trans cooler line), we did take home the "Dare to be Different" award. Much later, we were floored to learn our car would be on the '07 logo!

Steve Hudson
                    The Dalles, Oregon
                    1937 Dictator Streetrod
                    1949 "GMOBaker" 1-T Dually
                    1953 Commander Convertible
                    1954 Champion Coupe

Steve Hudson
                    The Dalles, Oregon
                    1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
                    1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
                    1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

A whole bunch of Studes showed up at the Goodguys in Spokane in '05 since it was at the tail end of the International-probably the most at any National rod event. It was great to see so many, and they definitely attracted a lot of attention...and a several took home awards.

We hit the Northwest Nationals in Puyallup, Washington last year, and even tho it was one near disaster after another for us (broken ring, failed valve cover gasket, leaking gas tank, blown trans cooler line), we did take home the "Dare to be Different" award. Much later, we were floored to learn our car would be on the '07 logo!

Steve Hudson
                      The Dalles, Oregon
                      1937 Dictator Streetrod
                      1954 Champion Coupe

Steve Hudson
                      The Dalles, Oregon
                      1949 \"GMOBaker\" 1-T Dually (workhorse)
                      1953 Commander Convertible (show & go)
                      1953 "Studacudallac" (project)

Comment

CONGRATS on the logo pick.............Brad
                        quote:Originally posted by S2DSteve

Steve Hudson
                        The Dalles, Oregon
                        1937 Dictator Streetrod
                        1954 Champion Coupe

Comment

CONGRATS on the logo pick.............Brad
                          quote:Originally posted by S2DSteve

Steve Hudson
                          The Dalles, Oregon
                          1937 Dictator Streetrod
                          1954 Champion Coupe

Comment

We are headed to DesMoines, Kansas City Speedway, Ottawa Ks--1,100 cars and other shows in a '48 Stude pickup...see you in DesMoines in the shade. The more Studes that show up the more that will show up the next time................Brad
                            quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Frank van Doorn
                            1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                            1963 Daytona Conv
                            1941 Champion R-2 Rod

Comment

We are headed to DesMoines, Kansas City Speedway, Ottawa Ks--1,100 cars and other shows in a '48 Stude pickup...see you in DesMoines in the shade. The more Studes that show up the more that will show up the next time................Brad
                              quote:Originally posted by 41 Frank

Frank van Doorn
                              1962 GT Hawk 4 speed
                              1963 Daytona Conv
                              1941 Champion R-2 Rod

Comment

Working...
                              X