Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    Good to know about the Mopar 318 pump being that the Stude V8 unit may soon be NS1

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    'Looks like a "regular" Airtex pump to me. BP

Leave a comment:

• Son O Lark
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Check with Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker. If it is a 318/340/360 MoPar pump, he can bend the arm just right to make it fit a Studebaker V8, and they work well.

BTDT; I have one of Phil's MM (Modified MoPar) pumps on my 1964 Daytona sedan and it cured the vapor lock problems with which it was plagued. BP
    Is this the High-performance Edelbrock pump or the Airtex pump? (Both Available At FLAPS)

Leave a comment:

• gordr
    replied
    Regarding the Carter pump: before discarding it, check and see if it is the same size, diaphragm-wise, as the Carter pump from your Studebaker. Maybe it could be gutted, and the internal parts used to rebuild your Stude pump.

Leave a comment:

• clonelark
    replied
    Bought The modified mopar pump from Phil Harris at the meet in Springfield, Got it running saturday, Really woke up my 259, pulls harder than ever. I also changed my fuel lines to 3/8".

Leave a comment:

• tyaughton
    replied
    Thanks. I'll tell him it's likely strictly International application.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied
    Well, now we know that. Earlier-on, no one knew the application of the subject pump. BP

Leave a comment:

• Studebakercenteroforegon
    replied
    Somehow this turned into a conversation about Mopar fuel pumps - but the reality is that the Carter and AC numbers given cross to a International Truck 6 Cylinder engine.

Leave a comment:

• rockinhawk
    replied
    I have used the 318 pumps on Stude Trucks with no modifications. But the lines won't hook up on a hawk because of the frame. Havn't tried it on a Lark.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
    Check with Phil Harris at Fairborn Studebaker. If it is a 318/340/360 MoPar pump, he can bend the arm just right to make it fit a Studebaker V8, and they work well.

BTDT; I have one of Phil's MM (Modified MoPar) pumps on my 1964 Daytona sedan and it cured the vapor lock problems with which it was plagued. BP
    I gave Bill Cathcart a whole case of these NOS fuel pumps and he said that he had no use for them. I mentioned their use on Studebaker V8s and he wasn't familiar with that. I guess that he is really a six cylinder guy.

Leave a comment:

• BobPalma
    replied

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    There are no direct crossovers from a Stude. V-8 pump to any other make, and that Carter? number is not for a Stude. IMO.

Leave a comment:

• tyaughton
    started a topic fuel pump cross-over?

fuel pump cross-over?

My brother picked up a new in box Carter fuel pump is M835SB equivalent to AC4459 printed on the box, and I was wondering if it worked for any Studebaker applications.

Judy
Working...
X