Pix from Grimsby Museum event last month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pix from Grimsby Museum event last month

In what's become an annual SDC Hamilton tradition, the Grimsby Museum invited the club to assemble an all-Studebaker car show on the museum's lawn during the town's Festival of the Forty. These pix date to 13 August and show the exceptional variety of Studes that attended this year's showing...

1927 Commander Country Club Coupe

1933 President Speedway Eight convertible (one of seventeen imported to Canada)

President engine

More to come...

S.

1940 Champion coupe rod

1950 Champion 4dr

1955 Champion 4dr (with chrome snout painted, as Mr Bourke originally intended; I think this looks quite classy!)

More shortly...

Comment

56 President Classic

59 Silver Hawk, new in the Chapter

62 Lark 6 Deluxe 2dr...my dear ol' "Betty"

Comment

62 Daytona HT

63 Daytona droptop

63 GT Hawk (hadn't previously seen this one)

63 Avanti

Comment

64 Daytona droptop

65 Daytona Sport Sedan

65 Wagonaire

66 Cruiser heads a lineup spanning five decades

Another "variety shot"

Hope the forum enjoys these. I should be posting a bit more now that my graphics program is finished; now I'm looking for a job again...

S.

Comment

Thanks for sharing....and that 33? WOW, talk about a class act. Junior
            sigpic
            1954 C5 Hamilton car.

Comment

Junior--

Yep, I was pretty bowled-over by the '33 Prez as well. Had heard about it but had never seen it until it glided past the museum on arrival for the show Aug 13. I was talking to the lady who co-owns the car...she said she and her husband, who have had the car since the sixties, rarely bring it out anymore because it's showing some rust these days...and they remember it when it wasn't. I found that very poignant...and the car, so rare a survivor, absolutely enchanting.

S.

Comment

Thanks for the photos, esp the '33. It is one of two survivors known in this body style and only nine of all body styles. The owner is Don Carter of Campden, Ont. Car serial #6950864 Body 90 R2 40. Assembled in Walkerville, Ont Canada. They have done quite a bit of clean up, fix up since the last photo I have of the car The image above is a factory publicity shot.
                Last edited by Studebaker Wheel; 09-07-2011, 10:17 PM.
                Richard Quinn
                Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
                X