Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow Its almost Drive your Studebaker Day

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Wow Its almost Drive your Studebaker Day

    I can not wait for drive your Studebaker day. So everyday I drive a Studebaker. I try and drive a different one every day. Boy I must be the luckiest Woman in the world. This year is really special because the Champ pickup that we have been working on for the last 4 Months gets to go home. Where's Home Bellingham Washington. Hopefully it will arrive in time to be a part of all of the Celebrations going on up there. Thats the plan.
    Attached Files
    Mabel 1949 Champion
    Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
    Gus 1958 Transtar
    The Prez 1955 President State
    Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
    Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
    Fresno,Ca

  • #2
    The Champ....she's sure a purdy color! Our forecast for Sat. is sunny and warm, we are finally getting some great weather is these parts. Junior
    sigpic
    1954 C5 Hamilton car.

    Comment


    • #3
      Got a call today from Dick Grove in Willows, CA asking if Trudenka and I want to meet on Saturday at the Avanti Cheese Cake Factory in Sonoma, CA. The Karel Staple chapter is having a caravan from Sacramento to Sonoma. What a great invitation. See you there.

      Regards,
      John Brayton

      Comment


      • #4
        Bellingham!?

        Well, this is great news... I just happen to be headed for Bellingham this weekend myself!
        Mark Hayden
        '66 Commander
        Zone Coordinator
        Pacific Can-Am Zone

        Comment


        • #5
          Well Mark I am not going to Bellingham The Champ Pickup is. I wish but it will be a member of your Chapter. One of our members Son lives in Bellingham and The Champ pickup is his. WE have been helping him get it road worthy. The shipper picks it up tomorrow for its trip up north. We got attached to it the last 4 months. His name is Matt not sure what the Truck's name is yet. It will come to him after driving it for a while. One day I will make it up there.
          Mabel 1949 Champion
          Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
          Gus 1958 Transtar
          The Prez 1955 President State
          Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
          Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
          Fresno,Ca

          Comment


          • #6
            agree with junior - i really like that color!!!
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

            '51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

            '40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Anne F. Goodman View Post
              Well Mark I am not going to Bellingham The Champ Pickup is. I wish but it will be a member of your Chapter. One of our members Son lives in Bellingham and The Champ pickup is his. WE have been helping him get it road worthy. The shipper picks it up tomorrow for its trip up north. We got attached to it the last 4 months. His name is Matt not sure what the Truck's name is yet. It will come to him after driving it for a while. One day I will make it up there.
              Sorry to hear that Anne... you are going to be missing an "excellent" Studebaker adventure!
              Mark Hayden
              '66 Commander
              Zone Coordinator
              Pacific Can-Am Zone

              Comment


              • #8
                I can't wait to see pictures of this event. No doubt it will be a very large gathering, probably 50 cars and trucks with more arriving for the show the next day from 3 provinces and at least 5 states that I know of.......... wow!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by junior View Post
                  The Champ....she's sure a purdy color! Our forecast for Sat. is sunny and warm, we are finally getting some great weather is these parts. Junior
                  WE were repainting the hood and the tops of the fenders. The color match was off. It looked good the color better than the rest of the truck. You know those days Murphy's Law days well That particular Saturday was one of those. Started off Bruce ran out of gas on the way to the shop. We now know that between 1/4 and empty when it stops moving to get gas. Then the bed liner tinted paint kit was no good. It was already sand blasted so it had to be painted to protect it. Well the color of paint on hand wasn't a good color match but it served its purpose. So then it was on to paint the hood. Primer on all is well. Running out of daylight choices to be made to paint or not wait till morning. Well he decided to go for it. Fisheyes awful, awful ,fisheyes. So we sanded and we sanded some more. We came to the conclusion that since the paint was faded and metallic that we couldn't get a good color match. So once Matt gets his truck he will have to have it repainted. But the important part was the big gouges on the hood and fenders have been fixed and it is protected from the elements. And it will be there for International Drive Your Studebaker Day.(Fingers Crossed) The nice picture was at a distance to let everyone know how we intended it to look.
                  Mabel 1949 Champion
                  Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                  Gus 1958 Transtar
                  The Prez 1955 President State
                  Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                  Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                  Fresno,Ca

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by John Brayton View Post
                    Got a call today from Dick Grove in Willows, CA asking if Trudenka and I want to meet on Saturday at the Avanti Cheese Cake Factory in Sonoma, CA. The Karel Staple chapter is having a caravan from Sacramento to Sonoma. What a great invitation. See you there.

                    Regards,
                    That's "Studebaker" Cheesecake. And I hope to see you there.
                    Jon Stalnaker
                    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We'll be thinking of all you west coasters on IDYSD. We get to start an hour or two earlier
                      Dave Warren (Perry Mason by day, Perry Como by night)

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I will be driving my 51 for the next 4 days going to Branson does that count.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by warrlaw1 View Post
                          We'll be thinking of all you west coasters on IDYSD. We get to start an hour or two earlier
                          No worries~ we'll just get to party later!!!


                          This Bellingham event (BOTH days) is shaping up to be quite the party, BTW.

                          'course- I drive my Stude everyday~ no need to wait for a special day!!!
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

                          3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                          SDC Member since 1985

                          past President
                          Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

                          past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC
                          North Florida Chapter SDC

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            I'm glad to see all the excitement about IDYSD! Be sure to take pictures!
                            Chris Dresbach

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Thanks Chris for Chairing this most important event. I look forward to your Ideas for next year.
                              Mabel 1949 Champion
                              Hawk 1957 Silverhawk
                              Gus 1958 Transtar
                              The Prez 1955 President State
                              Blu 1957 Golden Hawk
                              Daisy 1954 Regal Commander Starlight Coupe
                              Fresno,Ca

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X