Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 Ragtop
    replied
    One of the "Assisted Living" for seniors is having a car show here in Noblesville on Oct. 8th, I plan on going. When I go over to see my father that is at another seniors community, I'll take the Avanti or the 52 Commander, I get a LOT of smiles and "I remember those" which of course, brings a smile to my face too.

Jim

Leave a comment:

• Bob Bryant
    replied
    In Naples a few years ago we were invited to bring our cars to a skilled nursing facility that cared for patients with dementia, Alzheimers, etc. We parked and I knew a friend had been placed there for care for A. D. I told an attendant that he might enjoy seeing the Studebaker again. He was brought out in a wheel chair and didn't appear to be aware of what was happening. I asked him if he remembered the car. He didn't look up, but replied, "Start it up!"

I did and he got a little smile on his face. Made my day. We were at several similar shows and the residents always loved seeing the cars.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    By the way, 52 Ragtop...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
    Last edited by rockne10; 09-06-2011, 06:57 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    Despite my turning 54 this month............I'm still a 'wet behind the ears whippersnapper'?

Leave a comment:

• 52 Ragtop
    replied
    OUCH! but how true!!

Jim

Leave a comment:

• 41 Frank
    replied
    I know the feeling!

Leave a comment:

• jims53
    started a topic Nursing Home