Hesitation cured!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hesitation cured!

A while ago I asked if anyone knew how to correct a bad hesitation problem I was having. One of my local club members told me to advance my timing. It worked wonders. My car runs like it should now! Such a simple fix that apparently no one here knew about or thought of. I thought I was going to have to purchase a new carb and all along the cure would only take about 1 minute to do.
    Jim Rostron

Originally posted by mnmfive View Post
    Such a simple fix that apparently no one here knew about or thought of. I thought I was going to have to purchase a new carb and all along the cure would only take about 1 minute to do.
    Well, it's never as simple as that with an online diagnosis. Timing is one of a dozen or more causes of hesitation. We would have no way to know over the 'net what you are defining as 'hesitation'. I have seen a hesitation be a slipping trans., sticking brake, plugged muffler, bad coil, loose wire, etc. I assure you, plenty of folks here know about timing, but it's merely ONE of many possible causes.

When one does an in-person diagnosis, there is a purposeful series of checks that make up a proper diagnosis. That makes it hard to randomly recommend one possible fix. Glad your shot-in-the-dark solved your problem!
    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth—let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
    Romans 15:13
    Deuteronomy 31:6
    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

I agree with you Bob. I only posted this to let others that may be having the same problem know of one of the solutions.
      Jim Rostron

Comment

What's goin on Bobbo? jimmijim
        sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Working...
        X