Road Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Trip

On the 16th of September we will be starting our road trip back to NC to retire. The route is I-40 all the way to Raleigh, NC. I will be the one with the Brown 62 GT on the car hauler behind the U-Haul 26 ft truck. Feel free to wave as we or you go by or just toot your horn to let us know your a Studebaker nut Like I am.

I will have a 3 pound coffee can strapped to the trailer and accepting all or any financial donations for fuel.
    Last edited by jcluvsu; 09-07-2011, 07:15 AM.

There are some mighty good folks in NC.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Originally posted by rockinhawk View Post
      There are some mighty good folks in NC.
      I'm hopin to meet up with some of them real soon.

Comment

your first drive in the '62 should be a, ahem, a "test drive" down this way!!!
        bring your coffee cup and a fishing pole! the spot should be runnin' til at least late-october at the kure beach pier (pic in my signature line).

everyone else, c'mon down!!! no NC fishing license required on the pier - think it's still a 5 buck fee for a 24 hour period. (shark fishing starts at midnight!!!)
        Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
          your first drive in the '62 should be a, ahem, a "test drive" down this way!!!
          bring your coffee cup and a fishing pole! the spot should be runnin' til at least late-october at the kure beach pier (pic in my signature line).

everyone else, c'mon down!!! no NC fishing license required on the pier - think it's still a 5 buck fee for a 24 hour period. (shark fishing starts at midnight!!!)
          A test drive would be great. But because of a couple of safety reasons I may have to wait. The front end is kinda loose at those speeds and it get a bit exciting while driving. Also my brake lights ain't working the best at this time. Oooo and one more thing. I ain't got no heat incase it gets cool on the drive down.

Comment

We have been back home in NC for about two weeks now and just lovin it. The GT made it here in fine style and is awaiting some more restoration. Living in Middlesex, NC for the time being as our new house isn't finished yet. Supposed to close on that place in about three weeks. The new house is in the Clayton area.

Comment

Working...
            X