Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stella got new wheels today!

Yes they are still out there!
    Using the info gathered here on the Forum I headed out to our local Pick N Pull yard today and came home with new wheels for Sandi's "Stella" (61 Hawk).
    1985 & 86 Ford Grand Marquis and Crown Victoria wheels. Just the ticket for the Oldsmobile wire hubcaps I bought from jimmijim on ebay.
    Cost of 5 wheels c/w taxes.... $40.00.
    Also picked up some 1994 Cavalier rear seat belts for under $18.00.
    Now to figure out what we are going to do for front belts??
    Good Roads
    Brian
    Brian Woods
    woodysrods@shaw.ca
    1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Cool, Brian. Sounds like your Pick n' Pull is a lot cheaper than the one in Calgary.

I did 2 projects today. Number one was to replace the rear bumper on the '97 Suburban with a decent used one from the wreckers. Took the time yesterday to paint the interior of the new bumper and rear portion of the frame with some anti-rust paint. Got the new bumper mounted today, and it looks good. The old one was riddled with rust holes, but the body on the truck is excellent, no rust-out at all.

Number two was to do some more work on my "found trailer". (all I had to do was cut the minivan off it) Got the tongue and coupler welded on last week, and I will drill some holes and bolt them as well. Today was welding an angle iron flange around the perimeter of the deck so I can attach some plywood sides. Got the front and both sides done, then got sidetracked chipping off all the asphalt sound-deadening material from the floor. Putty knife and heat gun; it was quite a struggle, and I have blisters to show for it. But it's all gone, now. I was concerned, that left intact, water would wick in between the pads and the deck, and start rust happening.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

So where's the pictures?
      Jon Stalnaker
      Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Hi Gord
        We have been researching parts for our "sleeper trailer project" also. Have figured out the cooler, stove and possibly the axle. Going to get the back off of a 46 Chev PU tomorrow.
        Chasining down deales like a real live CASCO!
        Keep working out there......weather must have given you a break today?? But remember winter is just around the corner.
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Working...
        X