Looking to buy nice '64 Cruiser, AC, AT, PS necessary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking to buy nice '64 Cruiser, AC, AT, PS necessary

Chester Bradfield, long-time Studebaker guy, former printer of Turning Wheels (among others), President of the Studebaker Foundation is interested in buying a '64 Cruiser to use in touring. There are several listed in TW Classifieds, but maybe there are more out there that aren't advertised. Any ideas?
    Last edited by 53k; 09-06-2011, 04:31 PM. Reason: correct incorrect word per studegary comment
    Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
    '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

I'm fairly certain that there's still one f/s locally, but I don't see a CraigsList ad for it currently. My bet is that the owners are busily preparing for their open house this Saturday. If you're interested in one this far away, let me know~ or contact Bellingham StudeNut here on the Fourm...

UPDATE~ I found their recent ad in our newsletter---

Last edited by StudeDave57; 09-04-2011, 03:05 PM. Reason: added info
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

PM sent - one FS locally.

Comment

I know its not a 1964 but posting for you consideration. Tom

For Sale: 1966 Studebaker Cruiser. 4 door, V-9; automatic, factory air (has small leak), new carpet, original interior is gold w/black trim, exterior is yellow knife gold. Odometer shows app. 68,000 miles.; always garaged, new tires, new brake system, gas tank has been rebuilt, complete engine tune up with new rubber hoses; door lace on driver’s side shows wear; very minor rust issues in trunk corners and door posts; no visible exterior rust. Runs great. . $4500 is what is invested in it. Receipts for all work available. Pictures available upon request. Dick Zimmerman 309-587-8575. Located in New Boston, Illinois.10/10
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
          Chester Bradfield, long-time Studebaker guy, former publisher of Turning Wheels (among others), President of the Studebaker Foundation is interested in buying a '64 Cruiser to use in touring. There are several listed in TW Classifieds, but maybe there are more out there that aren't advertised. Any ideas?
          Chester is a nice guy and I am sure that he would not want to take credit for being the publisher of Turning Wheels. Larry Swanson has been the publisher of Turning Wheels for many years. Chester was the printer of Turning Wheels.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Paul,

What you are describing sounds like the white '64 Cruiser that I sold several years ago at the Martinsburg Zone Meet. That was the one that I bought from Adam Shapiro. It was an excellent touring car with all the options, in very good condition. Yes, I do periodically kick myself for having sold that one.

As far as I know, it still belongs to the Hamlins. Whether they would part with it is another issue.
            Jim Bradley
            Lake Monticello, VA
            '78 Avanti II
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rerun View Post
              Paul,

What you are describing sounds like the white '64 Cruiser that I sold several years ago at the Martinsburg Zone Meet. That was the one that I bought from Adam Shapiro. It was an excellent touring car with all the options, in very good condition. Yes, I do periodically kick myself for having sold that one.

As far as I know, it still belongs to the Hamlins. Whether they would part with it is another issue.
              I thought of that one too. However, I don't think George has EVER sold a car. Funny thing is I haven't seen him drive that car. He usually shows up in the dark blue Cruiser that once belonged to Harry Barnes.
              Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
              '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Working...
              X