Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Heads Up, Bellingham! (Stude in Auction Sat 9/3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heads Up, Bellingham! (Stude in Auction Sat 9/3)

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/0...s-unusual.html

(copy)
    BELLINGHAM - More than 30 collectible cars from a defunct bank and auto dealership will bolster the inventory at the Saturday, Sept. 3, auto auction at Berglund & Jones Auctioneers at Iron and Kentucky streets.
    Gates open at 8 a.m. with the auction under way at 11 a.m.
    Debbie Berglund, who runs the business with husband Rick, said the collectible cars once belonged to Motor City in Mount Vernon. When that business shut down, the cars became the property of Summit Bank of Burlington, which had provided financing for Motor City.
    When state regulators shut Summit down in May 2011, the cars became the property of Columbia Bank and the FDIC, and they are now to be liquidated at auction.
    "In the 20 years we have been in business, we have never had so many collectible cars at one time," Berglund said. "We have so many collectible cars in this auction that our facility actually looks like a car show."
    The auction includes several "muscle cars" with customized engines, as well as some rarities such as a 1967 Volkswagen beetle convertible and a 1960 Studebaker Lark.
    The cars can be viewed on the auction company's website,

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2011/0...#ixzz1WlIBYGfe
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Gosh darn it-- now all of StudeLand knows!!! Oh wait-
    in theory everyone will be outta town for the weekend, right?

coooool.

StudeDave '57
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

oooops

I forgot to mention in my post above~
      I saw pictures of these cars in a link on the REAL Bellingham Herald's webpage.
      Once this story hit- the auctioneer's website crashed-- HARD!!!

The Lark is one we've talked about here before.
      When/if I find the thread- I'll post it.

I have pictures of the Lark available on request.
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Dave,

Mike should have some pictures from when he owned the lark.
        I have some pic's of when I owned it, if you search for our Zip Van.
        Don't know what they did to repair the edge of roof where water damaged from getting under vinyl top.

James
        Bells Studebaker Diner & Museum
        Bellingham, WA.

Comment

Just wondering what kind of info you have on this car. I won two cars at the auction and plan on doing a restoration on this one during the winter. This was my first auction and I got a little over zealous with the raising the arm. I did a little google search for some history and found this discussion and hoping it can lead me to some history.

A little background on me and what I own now:

1950 Hudson Commodore
          1965 Volvo 1800
          1965 Ford Thunderbird
          1962 Chevy C10 Fleetside

Comment

Congratulations on your purchases!
            A wise man pretty much summarized my life when he said that "a good deal never hurt anyone, but too many good deals have put a lot of people in the poor house." Will Rogers
            Barry'd in Studes

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick View Post
              Just wondering what kind of info you have on this car. I won two cars at the auction and plan on doing a restoration on this one during the winter. This was my first auction and I got a little over zealous with the raising the arm. I did a little google search for some history and found this discussion and hoping it can lead me to some history.
              First off- welcome to the Forum!!! A great StudePlace you have found. Your profile doesn't say, but I assume you to be local to Whatcom County? If so- take a look in the International Drive Your Stude Day Forum (or search CraigsList) for information about our next Club event. There's a lot of Studebakers in our County!!!

All I can add as to the history of the car is what little bit I know. My brother Mike got it from James in trade for some work he did on a ZIP Van. There are two threads were the car was talked about-- one started by James about the ZIP Van, and one started by Mike when he offered it up f/s last year. Maybe James could ad to that when/if he sees this thread.

Once again- welcome, and I hope to see you around sometime. If you get a chance to make it to one (or both) of our events next weekend- odds are- I'll be the guy telling you were to park...

StudeDave '57
              StudeDave '57
              US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
              San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
              San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Thank you for the welcome. I am originally from Vancouver B.C but just legally emigrated to the U.S.A. living in Whatcom county. I am 35 years old and started collecting cars about 5 years ago. I went to the auction mainly to try and get that Studebaker, something about Studebaker's are very appealing to me. I would love to get a 1951 Commander one day, it would go nicely next to my Hudson.

I brought the car home today or I should say my dad did, I drove my other purchase home. It was worth the purchase price just to have him reminisce about my grand fathers 1959 Lark over lunch today. I would love to come to the car show and will bring my car if I can get the reverse to work on it. Thanks again and hopefully we can chat soon.

Comment

Working...
                X