Rex Easley Studebaker Daytona #11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rex Easley Studebaker Daytona #11

Can anyone provide information on the 1964 Studebaker Daytona #11 pictured in the Sept/Oct 2011 issue of Vintage Motorsport magazine?
    The caption with the picture reads as follows: Jeff Taylor in the "Rex Easley" Studebaker Daytona an
    unusual site on this course or any other." The race course is the Mary Hill Loops course near
    Goldendale, Washington.
    The car is also pictured on the web site of the Society of Vintage Racing Enthusiasts in the Northwest
    www.sovren
    Any information would be appreciated.
    Bob Coolidge
    DeLand, FL
    sigpicBob Coolidge
    DeLand, FL

What do you want to know about it? It is raced in the Sovren Antique race circuit in the Northwest. I have Pics I took of it, some up close in it's tent others racing.

It is a Canadian Built late '64 Daytona Hardtop that at one time had a Canadian built GM Engine, "touted" as being "as Factory Built" for class purposes. It has a fully built smallblock (c.i.d.?) and four speed, with a custom cowl induction system, after the stock suspension would not handle the twisty course, the front clip was changed, it is the last I heard, very competitive now.
    The Nostalga Stock Class it runs in must not be too tightly ruled, as it is bending a few!
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The most recent thread (with more/better info) I could find about it is here~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...560#post561560

There are other threads to be found if you search harder then I did.
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Bob~ I forgot to mention-
        Somewhere around here I have contact information for the owners.
        PM me if you'd like me to put them in touch with you.

StudeDave '57
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
        SDC Member since 1985

past President
        Whatcom County Chapter SDC
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC
        North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
          What do you want to know about it? It is raced in the Sovren Antique race circuit in the Northwest. I have Pics I took of it, some up close in it's tent others racing.

It is a Canadian Built late '64 Daytona Hardtop that at one time had a Canadian built GM Engine, "touted" as being "as Factory Built" for class purposes. It has a fully built smallblock (c.i.d.?) and four speed, with a custom cowl induction system, after the stock suspension would not handle the twisty course, the front clip was changed, it is the last I heard, very competitive now.
          The Nostalga Stock Class it runs in must not be too tightly ruled, as it is bending a few!
          Thank you for your detailed response. As far you know then the car is still being run with a GM built engine.
          sigpicBob Coolidge
          DeLand, FL

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
            The most recent thread (with more/better info) I could find about it is here~

http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...560#post561560

There are other threads to be found if you search harder then I did.
            Thank you for your reference to the October 2008 Turning Wheels article. I had forgotten that but will pull it out. I had hoped the car was being run with a Studebaker built engine.
            sigpicBob Coolidge
            DeLand, FL

Comment

Originally posted by trnstrtrk View Post
              Thank you for your detailed response. As far you know then the car is still being run with a GM built engine.
              That would be correct, AFAIK.
              StudeRich
              Second Generation Stude Driver,
              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

I hope the subtle humor is being noticed. Rex Easley = "Wrecks easily"

Comment

Working...
                X