Excellent Info RE: E-10 fuel & additive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
    Stu , heres what the container looks like .

No it is not synthetic . I buy it locally here from a garage that carrys it mainly for us old car guys. Comes 12 in a case .
    I have been thinking about switching to this. It is about a dollar a quart cheaper than VR1. Yeah I am a CASO!
    1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

Latest article with a little more info:

http://www.historicvehicle.org/Lates...ives-Follow-Up
      Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
      Romans 15:13
      Deuteronomy 31:6
      Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Hi As a boat owner and classic car owner I read about these debates all over , One of the best articles I"ve read recently is in this months Boat US magazine , Its called Three Ethanol myths clarified , Interesting reading , Ed

Comment

Originally posted by Kurt View Post
          I have been thinking about switching to this. It is about a dollar a quart cheaper than VR1. Yeah I am a CASO!
          ZDDP levels in this oil are much less than Valvoline VR-1 and other oils like Brad Penn, Classic Car and others.
          sigpic
          John
          63R-2386
          Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

Stated many times in earlier ZDDP threads...
            20W50 racing oil was exempted from the ZDDP removal laws.

HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Yep that's the one. Don't know if it is any better.... I will tell you next spring
              Is it spring yet? I was curious about which Sta-bil to use as well...
              sigpic

1950 Commander Starlight Coupe
              Regal Deluxe Trim
              Automatic transmission
              46k original miles, 4th Owner

Comment

I resolved the E-XX issue by fueling up with clear, non-E fuel whenever possible and not storing my car with any E-XX fuel for any period. I try to drive my car several times every month, summer and winter and if I am going to let it sit for any length of time, I store it with pure 100LL av gas which does not deteriorate or corrode. My R2 Hawk and I really like the stuff. Yes, 100LL is expensive but a lot cheaper than fuel pumps, fuel lines and carburetor repairs and a little lead now and then is good for her diet. When I am driving long distances, I try to fill up with premium fuels when available. SO FAR I haven't had any fuel related issues that I'm aware of. I had my tank sending unit out this past winter and examined the inside of the tank, it looks very clean and shiny.

Comment

Originally posted by deco_droid View Post
                  Is it spring yet? I was curious about which Sta-bil to use as well...
                  I use the stabil product, and the Lucas product for ethanol fuel both. I used the stabil in my 66 commander and my John Deere lawnmower. I used the Lucas product in my51 commander, and my weed eater. Both worked as advertised. The Lucas product was better in my opinion though as the 51 and the weed eater started right up this spring. The 66 and the JD were a bit slower starting and the old fuel had a strange smell as it was being burnt. I forgot to treat my old tractor, and as such have had the carb off twice trying ot make it run decent.....
                  1962 Champ

51 Commander 4 door

Comment

While in Florida I would walk through a marina frequently just to see what was happening. It was noticed that there were often marine mechanics working on carburetors and fuel systems of two and four cycle engines. I asked the manager about the frequent servicing and he said it was because of ethanol. The heat and humidity and for some boats prolonged storage between seasons sets up owners for problems. The manager said that the mechanics love ethanol as it has provided a big boost in the need for their services.
                    "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

Working...
                    X