Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Packard Hawk ragtop

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:1...onvertible.jpg

Says here that it's a "prototype that was driven by the chief engineer as his personal car."

Looks more like a custom job to me.[?] I do like it though. But to cut up a Packard Hawk... [B)][V]

Matthew Burnette
    '59 Scotsman
    '63 Daytona
    Hazlehurst, GA

I think I read somewhere that someone disputed that story, but I can't remember where I read it.

I wonder why the raised letter tires [xx(]

Where is it displayed?

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I think I read somewhere that someone disputed that story, but I can't remember where I read it.

I wonder why the raised letter tires [xx(]

Where is it displayed?

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

I agree. It definitely needs wide whites. [8D]

According to that site, it's in the American Packard Museum, Dayton, OH.

Matthew Burnette
        '59 Scotsman
        '63 Daytona
        Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

I agree. It definitely needs wide whites. [8D]

According to that site, it's in the American Packard Museum, Dayton, OH.

Matthew Burnette
          '59 Scotsman
          '63 Daytona
          Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Prototype....[}] Wonder what the body tag says!

Miscreant adrift in
            the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
            1960 Larkvertible V8
            1958 Provincial wagon
            1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Prototype....[}] Wonder what the body tag says!

Miscreant adrift in
              the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
              1960 Larkvertible V8
              1958 Provincial wagon
              1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

quote:But to cut up a Packard Hawk... [B)][V]
                When it was new no one would have cared.
                Wouldn't have been "precious" then.

Chris Pile
                The Studebaker Special
                Midway Chapter SDC
                The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

quote:But to cut up a Packard Hawk... [B)][V]
                  When it was new no one would have cared.
                  Wouldn't have been "precious" then.

Chris Pile
                  The Studebaker Special
                  Midway Chapter SDC
                  The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

I don't believe this is a prototype. As I recall it is one made by a guy in WA or OR. He made one convert out of a Packard Hawk and one out of a GT Hawk. They are both this same color of blue. I have some notes on it somewhere. I will see if I can dig them out.

Mike
                    www.packardhawk.com

Comment

I don't believe this is a prototype. As I recall it is one made by a guy in WA or OR. He made one convert out of a Packard Hawk and one out of a GT Hawk. They are both this same color of blue. I have some notes on it somewhere. I will see if I can dig them out.

Mike
                      www.packardhawk.com

Comment

I looked up this "Prototype" in my notes and it was built by Stan Pridachuk back in the early 1990's. It is one of the few Packard Hawks built with a three speed OD transmission. It was originally Jewel Beige base color with a Canyon Copper Metallic top. But it was originally a K body that has had the top removed. The frame was reinforced with 3/8 steel plate and some tubing. I have been told it flexes quite a bit.
                        But its not a prototype. There were no Packard Hawks built as convertibles at the factory or soon after.

Mike
                        www.packardhawk.com

Comment

I looked up this "Prototype" in my notes and it was built by Stan Pridachuk back in the early 1990's. It is one of the few Packard Hawks built with a three speed OD transmission. It was originally Jewel Beige base color with a Canyon Copper Metallic top. But it was originally a K body that has had the top removed. The frame was reinforced with 3/8 steel plate and some tubing. I have been told it flexes quite a bit.
                          But its not a prototype. There were no Packard Hawks built as convertibles at the factory or soon after.

Mike
                          www.packardhawk.com

Comment

Wait a minute!!!!!!![:0] Stan Pridachuk is the guy that owns the White w/Blue interior '63 GT Hawk ("Landau") removable top 5 seater, that we worked on up here in Wash. at Studebakers Northwest! If you have the name right, this Boeing Engineer must have built some very impressive custom Studebakers in his time!

I remember the ebay ad for the Blue '63 GT Hawk Convert. with the short wheelbase, 2 seater and R1 engine. I don't think it's Stan's. He was listing the White Hawk for sale in "Turning Wheels"! [:0][^]

StudeRich
                            Studebakers Northwest
                            Ferndale, WA
                            StudeRich
                            Second Generation Stude Driver,
                            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Wait a minute!!!!!!![:0] Stan Pridachuk is the guy that owns the White w/Blue interior '63 GT Hawk ("Landau") removable top 5 seater, that we worked on up here in Wash. at Studebakers Northwest! If you have the name right, this Boeing Engineer must have built some very impressive custom Studebakers in his time!

I remember the ebay ad for the Blue '63 GT Hawk Convert. with the short wheelbase, 2 seater and R1 engine. I don't think it's Stan's. He was listing the White Hawk for sale in "Turning Wheels"! [:0][^]

StudeRich
                              Studebakers Northwest
                              Ferndale, WA
                              StudeRich
                              Second Generation Stude Driver,
                              Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
                              X