Wants to Buy a Nice Champ Truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wants to Buy a Nice Champ Truck

A fellow in West Virginia is heading to South Bend and wants to buy a nice Champ Pickup he can drive back home. Anyone bringing one?

The one I've been looking at for him is just too darn high!

Chris Pile
    The Studebaker Special
    Midway Chapter SDC
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Well, if anyone would be willing to take it with them, Ed's up for sale. It's a drivable truck, though in need of restoration. I've been using it this week to dolly all my cars to storage. But then again, I'm out here, and you're over on the left coast. Oh well, if interested, you can e-mail me.

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    Lotsa Larks!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Well, if anyone would be willing to take it with them, Ed's up for sale. It's a drivable truck, though in need of restoration. I've been using it this week to dolly all my cars to storage. But then again, I'm out here, and you're over on the left coast. Oh well, if interested, you can e-mail me.

Lotsa Larks!
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
      Ron Smith
      Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

He wants a nice one already restored, and ready to drive.

The one I looked at for him was very nice, and quite driveable, but the seller wanted well over ten grand.

Chris Pile
        The Studebaker Special
        Midway Chapter SDC
        The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

He wants a nice one already restored, and ready to drive.

The one I looked at for him was very nice, and quite driveable, but the seller wanted well over ten grand.

Chris Pile
          The Studebaker Special
          Midway Chapter SDC

Comment

Just a couple of comments....

Ron, you guys are the left coast, we are the RIGHT coast,

Chris, I have a decent '62 here in Virginia, but it will not be going to South Bend. Also, there is one on e-bay now in far western Maryland that needs a bit of work, but looks solid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3127350&rd=1,1

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Just a couple of comments....

Ron, you guys are the left coast, we are the RIGHT coast,

Chris, I have a decent '62 here in Virginia, but it will not be going to South Bend. Also, there is one on e-bay now in far western Maryland that needs a bit of work, but looks solid.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3127350&rd=1,1

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

Comment

thanks Gary, just when I'd resigned myself to buying a F*rd (as soon as I have enough free time to actually do the deal) you post something like that. Darn you to heck!

nate

--
                55 Commander Starlight
                http://members.cox.net/njnagel
                --
                55 Commander Starlight

Comment

thanks Gary, just when I'd resigned myself to buying a F*rd (as soon as I have enough free time to actually do the deal) you post something like that. Darn you to heck!

nate

--
                  55 Commander Starlight
                  --
                  55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Nate,

Do you mean the blue Maryland truck? If so, this is the second time around for it on e-bay. Since it came within a couple of hundred dollars of making his BIN price, I wonder why he even bother to list it again rather than just selling to the highest bidder.

Gary

Comment

Nate,

Do you mean the blue Maryland truck? If so, this is the second time around for it on e-bay. Since it came within a couple of hundred dollars of making his BIN price, I wonder why he even bother to list it again rather than just selling to the highest bidder.

Gary

Comment

Unless I'm missing something, it's actually near Asheville, NC. If it were on the other side of the state, I would be on it like flies on stink (Michele's dad lives in Fayetteville, and could probably check it out for me and/or keep it in his driveway until I could retrieve it) It sure looks like a nice truck, although a little more money than I was hoping to spend, it appears well worth the price unless it's misrepresented somehow.

nate

--
                        55 Commander Starlight
                        --
                        55 Commander Starlight

Comment

Unless I'm missing something, it's actually near Asheville, NC. If it were on the other side of the state, I would be on it like flies on stink (Michele's dad lives in Fayetteville, and could probably check it out for me and/or keep it in his driveway until I could retrieve it) It sure looks like a nice truck, although a little more money than I was hoping to spend, it appears well worth the price unless it's misrepresented somehow.

nate

--
                          55 Commander Starlight
                          --
                          55 Commander Starlight

Comment

OOPS! [B)]

Nate, you are correct. [B)][B)] I have this one confused with the $14,000 Champ that was offered to me that is in western Maryland. Sorry for the confusion.

Gary

Comment

OOPS! [B)]

Nate, you are correct. [B)][B)] I have this one confused with the $14,000 Champ that was offered to me that is in western Maryland. Sorry for the confusion.

Gary

Comment

Working...
                              X