Finally, PIX: Bill Pressler's 'new' '66 Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally, PIX: Bill Pressler's 'new' '66 Daytona

Finally, some pictures of the elusive "new" Bill Pressler 1966 Daytona Sport Sedan.

I'll just post the pics, taken at it's first outing August 25, after arrival and a wash job at Fort Pressler.

If Bill wants to tell "the rest of the story," he is free to do it here in a subsequent post.

Congrats, Bill: Such a nice ride and premium example of Studebaker's final year. BP

Last edited by BobPalma; 08-26-2011, 12:08 PM. Reason: 'Had to put quote marks around "new" for StudeDave! <GGG>
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I think Bill should win 1st . place in the Stude 66 Daytona class at Summit , (I wonder what the judges like to drink?) good looking car , I hope you have a place for all those future trophys!!
    Joseph Kastellec

Comment

"Finally, PIX: Bill Pressler's new '66 Daytona"

So now we know-
      they ARE still makin' um up in Canada, eh?

Sweet lookin' ride- have fun with it Bill!!!
      StudeDave '57
      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
      SDC Member since 1985

past President
      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
      San Diego Chapter SDC
      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks Bob and Joe, for taking/posting the pics and your nice comments...and thanks, publicly, Bob, for helping put me and the seller together!

I was looking for a '66, and I realize there aren't a ton around. I asked Bob if he knew any around. There were two he was aware of, both Daytona V8 Sports Sedans, both built Niagara Blue Mist, but one with black vinyl top and interior and the other with white vinyl top and interior. The owner of the one with white top was not interested in discussing a sale. The other owner thought about it and told Bob, "well, I might". We got together, and the rest is history!

That's me with green shirt and stylish "Rerun" beret on (!), and the fellow with the hair as white as corn silk is "Mr. Studebaker", Ed Davies. Ed worked at M&M Studebaker in Akron as a young man, and remained good friends with the owners, Mr. and Mrs. Miskimen, through the years. The fellow in shorts with his back to the camera, is Ohio Region SDC president Don Morgan, the mastermind behind the yearly Summit Racing (and Wink's before that) Stude meets. Don was on cable TV's "Handy Randy" show just last Sunday, talking up Studebakers and the Summit meet!
        Last edited by Bill Pressler; 08-26-2011, 09:56 AM.
        Bill Pressler
        Kent, OH
        (formerly Greenville, PA)
        Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
        Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
        1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
        1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
        All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
          "Finally, PIX: Bill Pressler's new '66 Daytona"

So now we know-
          they ARE still makin' um up in Canada, eh?

Sweet lookin' ride- have fun with it Bill!!!
          OK, Dave; I put quote marks around the word "new." <GGG> BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I don't want to be a critic, but the instructions packed with a new set of bumper guards say that on '66 only, they should be installed outboard by one more bumper bolt location.
            The intent was probably visual only, since it aligns the guards with the gap between the grille and the headlight bezels and creates more visual width. As for function, they probably work better where they are now.

Comment

Hmmm....'just now noticed the dual exterior mirrors, Bill.

I had not looked at them closely when viewing the car last week; are they Studebaker issue?

(Incidentally, viewers; Bill's car made its Turning Wheels debut in the January 2000 issue. It's on Page 23 among the 1999 Rapid City SD International Meet Show Winners, touting its 386-point Division 3 First Place! Cool beans.) BP

Ayn Rand:

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                Hmmm....'just now noticed the dual exterior mirrors, Bill.

I had not looked at them closely when viewing the car last week; are they Studebaker issue?

(Incidentally, viewers; Bill's car made its Turning Wheels debut in the January 2000 issue. It's on Page 23 among the 1999 Rapid City SD International Meet Show Winners, touting its 386-point Division 3 First Place! Cool beans.) BP
                I believe those mirrors are Studebaker-issue, Bob. Funny, I always liked the Avanti-style mirrors and not one of my three Daytonas had them (LOL)!

Thanks to the earlier poster for the info on the bumper guards. Might look a bit ungainly with the exhaust coming right out there. But as a longtime owner of a '63, it always bugged me when I'd see the front bumper guards one bolt hole too far in on each side...which I'd see a lot!

I'll say this though...those guards are staying where they are, as I have to believe those bumpers aren't/weren't NOS, but replated. They do indeed look like a mirror!
                Bill Pressler
                Kent, OH
                All are in Australia now

Comment

Originally posted by Studebakercenteroforegon View Post
                  I don't want to be a critic, but the instructions packed with a new set of bumper guards say that on '66 only, they should be installed outboard by one more bumper bolt location.
                  Yep! http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ighlight=kreme

Craig

Comment

Bill nice 66 Daytona !
                    Welcome to the ranks of the 66 Daytona owners , there was only 620 V8 ones built so they are far and few between . If yours was built in early Sept your vin # must be around C5300??
                    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
                      Congrats, Bill: Such a nice ride and premium example of Studebaker's final year.
                      I would also like to say the same! I love '66's!!

Craig

Comment

Congratulations Bill. Gee, that's a good looking Daytona. Best of luck with it.
                        Rog
                        '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
                        Smithtown,NY
                        Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Thanks all for the kind words. And Studegary, if you're reading....you're right, it only took one!
                          Bill Pressler
                          Kent, OH
                          All are in Australia now

Comment

Nice looking car Bill! Best of luck with it!
                            Jim
                            I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

What a lovely car Bill, how long before Brian Greenall parts you from it :-)~ Looks just like it left the dealer's yesterday.
                              John Clements
                              Christchurch, New Zealand

Comment

Working...
                              X