• Show
Clear All

• Speedster on ebay

The Speedster I'm helping Jeff's sister sell is on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/290603219848
    JDP Maryland

Thanks John. I just sent you a PM.

Comment

It certainly is a gorgeous automobile. Great write up John.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I agree. John did an "outstanding" job putting this ad together. Thanks, Jeff

Comment

Great Ad, The car is a real beauty! Wish I had the money to bid on it.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
            I agree. John did an "outstanding" job putting this ad together. Thanks, Jeff
            You and your family deserve a lot of the credit. If you look up anal personality in the dictionary, you'll see your family picture. The good news is that bodes well for the condition of the car. Besides I have N8 as a friend, and he'd spend a hour restoring a cotter pin, so I get the type.
            JDP Maryland

Comment

Soon as Publishers Clearinghouse brings me a check I'm bidding on that Speedster. I LIKE IT!
              The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

The car is absolutely superb.

The photos really document the car well; many are TW cover quality (I like the setting), even some of the shots of the engine.
                Jim K.
                63 Hawk

Comment

4 hours to go, and I asked Jeff's sister to allow me to drop the reserve a bit to give the auction a kick start and it made it. 4053 views so far, 240 watchers, 20 bids and at $32999.
                  (the odd amount is a little trick I use to lower a reserve by a odd amount)http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/290603219848
                  JDP Maryland

Comment

I have a friend whom I restored a 55 Sedan for, would have went around 6 thou higher than the Speedster sold for but I never received an answer from a question that I asked about reserve so I didn't pursue it.
                    Now he is looking for a 50's convertible.
                    64 Champ long bed V8
                    55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                    53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Kdancy View Post
                      I have a friend whom I restored a 55 Sedan for, would have went around 6 thou higher than the Speedster sold for but I never received an answer from a question that I asked about reserve so I didn't pursue it.
                      Now he is looking for a 50's convertible.

It's against ebay rules to disclose the reserve since it gives a big advantage to the bidder that knows it. They consider it like "inside trading"
                      JDP Maryland

Comment

Where did it land $$ ?

Comment

Final price was $34,100.

KDancy, there is no logical reason for your buddy not to bid up to his personal limit to see what happens. In the end, he wasn't really serious about purchasing the car.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                            Final price was $34,100.

KDancy, there is no logical reason for your buddy not to bid up to his personal limit to see what happens. In the end, he wasn't really serious about purchasing the car.
                            You don't know him or me so quit making assumptions as if you do. I never bid on a car until the last day, why should I ? It was my call to make and I don't play games with some one else's money. When I didn't get a timely answer from the seller (actually none at all) I moved on. Communication means a lot to me on a big ticket item, but there are plenty of other cars out there and I doubt we will have a problem finding him a different one to go with the others in his collection.
                            64 Champ long bed V8
                            55/53 Studebaker President S/R
                            53 Hudson Super Wasp Coupe

Comment

KDancy, I was simply commenting on the your concerns about not being told the reserve before the auction ended and therefore you didn't place a bid. My only point is that most serious bidders bid without knowing the reserve price. That's the way it's suppose to work on ebay and most other auctions. Like you, I also wait until the last day to bid. I think that's a good strategy.

Comment

Working...
                              X