Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Air now marketing AC units for C Cab trucks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I posted pictures of mine but I guess not. Here you go. It fits great and works great too. There was room for the tissue dispenser too. The dash plaque did not come with the kit. I had it custom made to look original but has different designations for the switches.

Click image for larger version

Name:	vair.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	1676387Click image for larger version

Name:	final 011.jpg
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	1676386 Click image for larger version

Name:	Christm2011 003.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	1676385 Click image for larger version

Name:	Cab 003.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	1676384 Click image for larger version

Name:	2R5.3 001.jpg
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	1676383
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by Sdude View Post
      I thought I posted pictures of mine but I guess not. Here you go. It fits great and works great too. There was room for the tissue dispenser too. The dash plaque did not come with the kit. I had it custom made to look original but has different designations for the switches.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19636[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]19635[/ATTACH]
      Jon - That's a very nice, clean installation. Kudos to you. Where did you get the dash control plate done?
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander
      Zone Coordinator
      Pacific Can-Am Zone

Comment

That is a very sanitay installation. Does it include heat? I see there is a kick back up under the dash that my 39 does not have. It looks like agreat place to put things like the fuse block, etc.
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

[

Oh, you wanted it to look stock? Retaining the PS, generator, supercharger is even more difficult.

jack vines[/QUOTE]

Yeah Jack, that is the problem. I wish I could find a system that would mount up with the current P/S, and Gen.

I've only had the car a short time, but after last summer, the boss put it on the "have to" list.
          It didn't take much research to find out how difficult it woud be seeing there are no "plug and play" kits out there.

I have never fabricated anything like mounts, etc., don't know if I could do it, with out screwing the whole thing up.

Comment

I agree.

Mounting things like AC to an engine not designed with them in mind is a daunting task. The Horsepower to run an AC compressor is significant as is the weight of the compressor, etc. and all this must be transferred to the engine block using bolt holes etc. that are already being used.
            Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Originally posted by Mark57 View Post
              Jon - That's a very nice, clean installation. Kudos to you. Where did you get the dash control plate done?
              I had it made at a graphics shop in Vacaville. It took the guy about 10 minutes to re-create it on the computer while I watched. I had a few extras but I couln'd find them yesterday. If you want one let me know and I'll look a little further. Send me a PM if so.
              Jon Stalnaker
              Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

Working...
              X