• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Posted old topic - deleted already

My computer played some tricks with me, sorry

Pekka
    sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Are you kidding? I'd bet ol' Bill Gates is just sitting, sipping a cool drink some days and he just breaks out into a giggle - knowing the little hidden tricks they've engineered into Vindows![}]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Are you kidding? I'd bet ol' Bill Gates is just sitting, sipping a cool drink some days and he just breaks out into a giggle - knowing the little hidden tricks they've engineered into Vindows![}]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Mr Biggs, I know that it was Bill. It must have been. He knows that am a big fan of 1955 Studebakers and I guess for that reason he took the name Vista just to annoy me. I hope that he can soon release Ultra Vista or maybe even Ultra Vista Sedan ... of his Microsoft Vista -package. After all he is the President of his company. And Bill G. was in deed born in 1955. So my conclusion must be right ... thats were the Vista comes from. Thats why my computer is behaving that way. Any how; Bill G. is not the only one thinking that 1955 was a cool year.

Last night my son Ville (15 years) had the last day of the school. He celebrated that with his classmates at a nice restaurant -- where the managed to reserve a table etc. ( no-one checked their ages...). After the dinner they wanted me to take them to a cruising night. It was the first time ever for all the young guys -- my son of course has been brought up with Studebakers[8D] We had terrific time all five squeezed into the President coupe. These young guys really saw something new. There were several hundred classics, kustoms and hot rods ( american fro, 1930s to 1970s). They really saw things differently after two of hours in an old Studebaker! A lot of thumb ups from other cars and pedestrians. Take the younger generation with you!

Here are few pics -- also you can judge how I bad / good the modified '55 T-bird scoop looks on my 55 ( needed the hole for the McCulloch....
        [^]
        http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2300...64371389oVjTEH

My son Ville is the one far left in the first pics

President State Coupe 1955 and Golden Hawk 1958
        sigpic

Comment

Mr Biggs, I know that it was Bill. It must have been. He knows that am a big fan of 1955 Studebakers and I guess for that reason he took the name Vista just to annoy me. I hope that he can soon release Ultra Vista or maybe even Ultra Vista Sedan ... of his Microsoft Vista -package. After all he is the President of his company. And Bill G. was in deed born in 1955. So my conclusion must be right ... thats were the Vista comes from. Thats why my computer is behaving that way. Any how; Bill G. is not the only one thinking that 1955 was a cool year.

Last night my son Ville (15 years) had the last day of the school. He celebrated that with his classmates at a nice restaurant -- where the managed to reserve a table etc. ( no-one checked their ages...). After the dinner they wanted me to take them to a cruising night. It was the first time ever for all the young guys -- my son of course has been brought up with Studebakers[8D] We had terrific time all five squeezed into the President coupe. These young guys really saw something new. There were several hundred classics, kustoms and hot rods ( american fro, 1930s to 1970s). They really saw things differently after two of hours in an old Studebaker! A lot of thumb ups from other cars and pedestrians. Take the younger generation with you!

Here are few pics -- also you can judge how I bad / good the modified '55 T-bird scoop looks on my 55 ( needed the hole for the McCulloch....
          [^]
          http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2300...64371389oVjTEH

My son Ville is the one far left in the first pics

sigpic

Comment

Nice pics PekkaP!! I like the hood scoop too,almost looks like it was made for the car!

LaSalle,Il
            61Hawk
            Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Nice pics PekkaP!! I like the hood scoop too,almost looks like it was made for the car!

LaSalle,Il
              61Hawk
              Oglesby,Il.

Comment

Thank you for the comments 52hawk -- I am pretty happy myself as three-four years ago I started with this car from trying to find out what it takes to convert it to '53 front. Right now I am pretty devoted to keep the front like this -- the side grilles are painted as better candidates are waiting at the chrome shop to be completed...

sigpic

Comment

Thank you for the comments 52hawk -- I am pretty happy myself as three-four years ago I started with this car from trying to find out what it takes to convert it to '53 front. Right now I am pretty devoted to keep the front like this -- the side grilles are painted as better candidates are waiting at the chrome shop to be completed...

sigpic

Comment

Very nice car! How about a pic of under the hood?
                    I really like the scoop. It fits the car nicely.

Matthew Burnette
                    '59 Scotsman
                    '63 Daytona
                    Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Very nice car! How about a pic of under the hood?
                      I really like the scoop. It fits the car nicely.

Matthew Burnette
                      '59 Scotsman
                      '63 Daytona
                      Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Thank you Matthew. In all honesty I have two McCullochs and one Paxton in my garage. The McCullochs need full repair = sending over to US. The Paxton is a good unit but does not fit correctly on the '57 GH bracket ( which I want to keep).
                        My third McCulloch was shipped two days ago from NJ by a fellow SDCer - so if everything goes fine it will arrive in a week and then stay in customs few days [xx(] and then ... few weeks more untill its properly fitted ... so pics under the hood will come in a few weeks time... [:I]
                        .. still, it is a driver and not a show car.[8D]

sigpic

Comment

Thank you Matthew. In all honesty I have two McCullochs and one Paxton in my garage. The McCullochs need full repair = sending over to US. The Paxton is a good unit but does not fit correctly on the '57 GH bracket ( which I want to keep).
                          My third McCulloch was shipped two days ago from NJ by a fellow SDCer - so if everything goes fine it will arrive in a week and then stay in customs few days [xx(] and then ... few weeks more untill its properly fitted ... so pics under the hood will come in a few weeks time... [:I]
                          .. still, it is a driver and not a show car.[8D]

sigpic

Comment

Looking forward to the pics.

quote:.. still, it is a driver and not a show car.[8D]
                            I'd rather see a driver Stude than a show Stude anyday. [8D][^]

Matthew Burnette
                            '59 Scotsman
                            '63 Daytona
                            Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Looking forward to the pics.

quote:.. still, it is a driver and not a show car.[8D]
                              I'd rather see a driver Stude than a show Stude anyday. [8D][^]

Matthew Burnette
                              '59 Scotsman
                              '63 Daytona
                              Hazlehurst, GA

Comment

Working...
                              X