Daytona Numerology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daytona Numerology

Perhaps some of our resident number crunchers can have a look at these and tell me a little about my 1964 Daytona convertible's assembly...

Allan - Ontario, Canada
    1963 GT Hawk
    1964 Daytona Convertible

Sure, it's a 64 model convertible, built in South Bend and has an engine that was built on October 9th of 1963. It was the 10,234th V8 car of the 1964s to leave the SB production line and it wears the 198th V8 convertible body that was welded up.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
    the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
    1960 Larkvertible V8
    1958 Provincial wagon
    1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Sure, it's a 64 model convertible, built in South Bend and has an engine that was built on October 9th of 1963. It was the 10,234th V8 car of the 1964s to leave the SB production line and it wears the 198th V8 convertible body that was welded up.[^]

Miscreant adrift in
      the BerStuda Triangle

1957 Transtar 1/2ton
      1960 Larkvertible V8
      1958 Provincial wagon
      1953 Commander coupe

No deceptive flags to prove I'm patriotic - no biblical BS to impress - just ME and Studebakers - as it should be.

Comment

Additional information can be obtained by ordering a production order from the Studebaker National Museum

Brad Johnson
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
        "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
        Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
        sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Additional information can be obtained by ordering a production order from the Studebaker National Museum

Brad Johnson
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Amazing - thanks Mr.Biggs! Did Studebaker usually launch their new year's production around the same date for each model year? Does 10,234th place this car near the end of the 1964 run? Just wondering how near the end of South Bend production this car would have been?

Allan - Ontario, Canada
            1963 GT Hawk
            1964 Daytona Convertible

Comment

Amazing - thanks Mr.Biggs! Did Studebaker usually launch their new year's production around the same date for each model year? Does 10,234th place this car near the end of the 1964 run? Just wondering how near the end of South Bend production this car would have been?

Allan - Ontario, Canada
              1963 GT Hawk
              1964 Daytona Convertible

Comment

You'll need the build sheet from the Studebaker museum for that. All those number will tell you is that the car was about the 200th body built and was in the middle of the short production year.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                63 Avanti R1
                63 Daytona convert
                63 Lark 2 door
                62 Lark 2 door
                60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                59 3E truck
                58 Starlight
                52 & 53 Starliner
                51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

You'll need the build sheet from the Studebaker museum for that. All those number will tell you is that the car was about the 200th body built and was in the middle of the short production year.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
                  63 Avanti R1
                  63 Daytona convert
                  63 Lark 2 door
                  62 Lark 2 door
                  60 Lark HT-60Hawk
                  59 3E truck
                  58 Starlight
                  52 & 53 Starliner
                  51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

Thanks Brad. Yes, I should get production orders from the museum for both of our cars.

Allan - Ontario, Canada
                    1963 GT Hawk
                    1964 Daytona Convertible

Comment

Thanks Brad. Yes, I should get production orders from the museum for both of our cars.

Allan - Ontario, Canada
                      1963 GT Hawk
                      1964 Daytona Convertible

Comment

I declare: SDC should reprint the July 1986 Turning Wheels and sell 'em for $20 each! [^][8D]

Therein we learn that 64V11235 was a 1964 Daytona Convertible with body #299 and engine #VK309, so it looks like this one is "so far, so good!" []

64V11235 was shipped to New York State.

It was originally Golden Sand with black vinyl bench-seat interior and top.

Options included:

(19) Column-Shift Flightomatic
                        (38) Power Steering
                        (51) Whitewall Tires
                        (60) Climatizer
                        (66) Push-Button AM Radio w/ Manual Cowl Antenna
                        (70) Undercoating
                        (71) Front Bumper Guards
                        (72) Rear Bumper Guards
                        (79) Wheel Discs
                        (81) Front Seat Belts

Cheers, Allan! Hope it's in nice shape! BP
                        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I declare: SDC should reprint the July 1986 Turning Wheels and sell 'em for $20 each! [^][8D]

Therein we learn that 64V11235 was a 1964 Daytona Convertible with body #299 and engine #VK309, so it looks like this one is "so far, so good!" []

64V11235 was shipped to New York State.

It was originally Golden Sand with black vinyl bench-seat interior and top.

Options included:

(19) Column-Shift Flightomatic
                          (38) Power Steering
                          (51) Whitewall Tires
                          (60) Climatizer
                          (66) Push-Button AM Radio w/ Manual Cowl Antenna
                          (70) Undercoating
                          (71) Front Bumper Guards
                          (72) Rear Bumper Guards
                          (79) Wheel Discs
                          (81) Front Seat Belts

Cheers, Allan! Hope it's in nice shape! BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thanks Bob. That's my car. That confirms what the seller told me - that the car was originally Desert Sand and sold to New York State and then came to Canada via Quebec to Ontario. It's kind of headed on a slow circle back to South Bend isn't it? Must be the homing instinct!
                            The car safetied with no problems. A fair bit of that original undercoating is still on there. I have a carb kit ordered and will be putting the old spit shine to her.

Allan - Ontario, Canada
                            1963 GT Hawk
                            1964 Daytona Convertible

Comment

Thanks Bob. That's my car. That confirms what the seller told me - that the car was originally Desert Sand and sold to New York State and then came to Canada via Quebec to Ontario. It's kind of headed on a slow circle back to South Bend isn't it? Must be the homing instinct!
                              The car safetied with no problems. A fair bit of that original undercoating is still on there. I have a carb kit ordered and will be putting the old spit shine to her.

Allan - Ontario, Canada
                              1963 GT Hawk
                              1964 Daytona Convertible

Comment

Working...
                              X