No announcement yet.

TX transportation museum misinformation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The deck lid on a 65 Cruiser does not have an aluminum panel like the Daytona. It has one piece of stainless that runs the width of the panel.

quote:Originally posted by Swifster

OK, correct me if I'm wrong, but is a '65 Daytona supposed to have the '64 emblems on the fenders and the Cruiser finish panel on the deck lid? I also thought all Daytonas had a vinyl roof in '65 and '66. Am I wrong?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Comment

Mark, I'm more familiar with the trim on the '64's than what came on the '65 & '66 models. Not seeing the rear view on a lot of those cars, I wasn't sure what was correct and what wasn't. While I thought that was a Commander with cobbled trim I'm not in a position to call foul just yet .

Are the fender emblems correct for a 8 cylinder car, or did they use the same Hawk-like emblems used on the '66?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona - 289 4V, 4-Speed (Cost To Date: $2514.10)
      1964 Studebaker Commander - 170 1V, 3-Speed w/OD

Comment

Mark, I'm more familiar with the trim on the '64's than what came on the '65 & '66 models. Not seeing the rear view on a lot of those cars, I wasn't sure what was correct and what wasn't. While I thought that was a Commander with cobbled trim I'm not in a position to call foul just yet .

Are the fender emblems correct for a 8 cylinder car, or did they use the same Hawk-like emblems used on the '66?

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

The answers to both of your questions have been in the 7th post from the top since June 1,

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

The answers to both of your questions have been in the 7th post from the top since June 1,

StudeRich
            Studebakers Northwest
            Ferndale, WA
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

The answers to both of your questions have been in the 7th post from the top since May 1,
              [)]Sorry Rich. I went through that post the other day but went past the fender comment. Thanks!

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

quote:Originally posted by StudeRich

The answers to both of your questions have been in the 7th post from the top since May 1,
                [)]Sorry Rich. I went through that post the other day but went past the fender comment. Thanks!

Tom - Valrico, FL

1964 Studebaker Daytona

Tom - Bradenton, FL

Comment

Hi, my name is Hugh Hemphill, from the Texas Transporation Museum. Many of you are right, I don't know much about Studebakers except our museum has two. The 1965 two door sedan as discussed and a 1903 carriage. Both are in pretty good shape. I am probably the only one at the museum who has friven the 1965 and it was a real hoot. It's a shame we have to sell it but I hope it goes to someone who will use it the way it was intended instead of hiding in plain view, somewhat ignored by the general public. Cars like this were meant to be driven. I am also the guilty party who posted the information on our web site. I went by what I was told even though it did not seem very accurate. My area of automobile expertise, such as it is, runs towards the Imperial, made by Chrysler. I contributed to a forum much like this one, extolling the virtues of the 1958. What a car! Anyhoo, our 1965 Studebaker is in pretty good condition. The interior is excellent. I love the brocade work on the seats. The car has no rust. The trunk is immaculate. The engine sounds wonderful. Thank you for the discussion so far. I can take some heat for getting the information wrong. It drives me nuts when folks get stuff wrong about the Imperial, trust me.

Hugh Hemphill

Comment

Hi, my name is Hugh Hemphill, from the Texas Transporation Museum. Many of you are right, I don't know much about Studebakers except our museum has two. The 1965 two door sedan as discussed and a 1903 carriage. Both are in pretty good shape. I am probably the only one at the museum who has friven the 1965 and it was a real hoot. It's a shame we have to sell it but I hope it goes to someone who will use it the way it was intended instead of hiding in plain view, somewhat ignored by the general public. Cars like this were meant to be driven. I am also the guilty party who posted the information on our web site. I went by what I was told even though it did not seem very accurate. My area of automobile expertise, such as it is, runs towards the Imperial, made by Chrysler. I contributed to a forum much like this one, extolling the virtues of the 1958. What a car! Anyhoo, our 1965 Studebaker is in pretty good condition. The interior is excellent. I love the brocade work on the seats. The car has no rust. The trunk is immaculate. The engine sounds wonderful. Thank you for the discussion so far. I can take some heat for getting the information wrong. It drives me nuts when folks get stuff wrong about the Imperial, trust me.

Hugh Hemphill

Comment

Glad you joined us, Hugh. We're nitpickers, but mostly it's in fun and a little frustration. Most people just don't know anything about Studebakers since they haven't been around for so long. It does look like a very solid car with just a lot of trim anomalies. If you put it on ebay there's a fair chance that someone in the club will want to buy it. I have a real 1965 Daytona, but it needs total restoration (even though it does run well). Any 1965 Studebaker is pretty rare now and always was.
                      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Glad you joined us, Hugh. We're nitpickers, but mostly it's in fun and a little frustration. Most people just don't know anything about Studebakers since they haven't been around for so long. It does look like a very solid car with just a lot of trim anomalies. If you put it on ebay there's a fair chance that someone in the club will want to buy it. I have a real 1965 Daytona, but it needs total restoration (even though it does run well). Any 1965 Studebaker is pretty rare now and always was.
                        "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Working...
                        X