X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Junior

I just live for the info that is generated by posts like your's. While they may not pertain to anything I may have going at the time, the ideas seem to stay with me for years and come back when I have a similar issue that needs to be solved.

I can't seem to remember the color of my last car but I can probably tell you the setup and results of most any experiment that I've run in my Industrial career. So in a few words, that is why I seem to always want more pictures. So there is nothing specific and no need to do more.

Just Me, but in any case, Well done and again, just drive the wheels off it.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• junior
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetolbob View Post
    Junior

It didn't happen without pictures.

Bob
    oh ya, took lots of photos, but none of them really show the overall view really well. Most are detailed shots of what I need to remember, or shots to share with others if they need any ideas when doing their own swaps. I know many others run T5's in their cars with both Stude 6's and 8's, and others with sbc's and whatever else. As always, every combo is different, and I was fighting a different engine mount setup (hooker/vega) and trying to right what was wrong with the engine swap from day one. If there is any particular photos you wish to see let me know, and I'll provide. Pretty sure you're not contemplating such a swap because you've got a new Avanti with a factory stick to keep you busy. Regards, Junior

Leave a comment:

• MRHawkes
    replied
    Good for you Junior, get out and show that machine off. After the months of work, you deserve to get some enjoyment before putting it away for the season. Have fun and keep the shiny side up.

Leave a comment:

• JimsLeadCommander
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    So did I. ... Oh, it's just another Stude. back on the road! Lol!
    Well, at least a Studebaker BODY back on the road { := )

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
    LOL... I thought, from the title, that this was a new Stude website....
    Glad it ended up being another Stude back on the road!
    Jeff
    So did I. ... Oh, it's just another Stude. back on the road! Lol!

Leave a comment:

• DEEPNHOCK
    replied
    LOL... I thought, from the title, that this was a new Stude website....
    Glad it ended up being another Stude back on the road!
    Jeff

Leave a comment:

• Michidan
    replied
    Sweet! I was at that point 3 months ago, and still havent stopped smiling.

Leave a comment:

• sweetolbob
    replied
    Originally posted by junior View Post
    Awesome day yesterday, as I finally got to drive my Stude! The car has been off the road since last Nov. while it underwent a trans. swap from a turbo 350 to a T5 (SBC engine) As in all projects of mine, it took for ever to complete, but it was well worth the time, it really changed the fun to drive factor. I spent all afternoon driving the car, didn't even take time to wash it because I was having so much fun. Still lots of details to finish up, the biggest one is the exhaust system...so off to the exhaust shop today. I was beginning to think I wouldn't get it done for IDYSD, but I'll be ready now. Junior
    Junior

It didn't happen without pictures.

On the other hand, sounds like a great swap and, I'll bet, fun to drive. Drive the wheels off of it.

Bob

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    Congratulations! It's a rush when it works. My local cruisers club had their AGM in my office last night. I was handing out the Fred K. Fox brochures to anyone with an interest in Studes. Turns out one guy is helping to get a 52 Champion sedan back on the road. I was showing him a copy of Turning Wheels when the past-president (who is undergoing chemotherapy) started eyeing another copy of Turning Wheels. I gave it to him. SDC is an example for any local clubs holding shows and meets. What a rush. Good on ya, Junior.
    Last edited by warrlaw1; 08-19-2011, 07:30 AM.

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    Originally posted by junior View Post
    Awesome day yesterday, as I finally got to drive my Stude! The car has been off the road since last Nov. while it underwent a trans. swap from a turbo 350 to a T5 (SBC engine) As in all projects of mine, it took for ever to complete, but it was well worth the time, it really changed the fun to drive factor. I spent all afternoon driving the car, didn't even take time to wash it because I was having so much fun. Still lots of details to finish up, the biggest one is the exhaust system...so off to the exhaust shop today. I was beginning to think I wouldn't get it done for IDYSD, but I'll be ready now. Junior
    Cool beans.

Leave a comment:

• junior
    started a topic Yahoo, Stude is up and running!

Yahoo, Stude is up and running!

Working...
X