Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2R5
    replied
    Well we got home today , had a great couple of days there ....highly recommend a trip there , we'll be back again for sure. I did not care for the trip across the Ambassador bridge though ....talk about a screwed up area , they sure need that new bridge thats for sure.
    Bob , sorry to hear that you don't know of that gray '52 ...it was sure a nice car . The old guy who bought it from me may not even still be with us now . He bought it just so he could go to the Orphan meet in Yipsilanti.

Leave a comment:

• D Davis
    replied
    My wife and I love both the village and the museum. The machinery is great and the people are very nice. Something else that stands out are the landscaping and flower gardens.
    We have been to the Smithsonian but we like the Henery Ford museum much better.

Leave a comment:

• johnod
    replied
    I went to the Ford museum this winter for the first time, it was great.
    I went looking forward to the cars, especially goldenrod, I ended up being most in awe of all the old steam machinery, they were really something to see.

I highly reccomend a visit for anyone in the area.

Leave a comment:

• BeeJay
    replied
    Don't recall seeing any '52 in the area. I know that there are several members of the SDC around, but I almost never see another Stude.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• clonelark
    replied
    If you like car history this place is a must see, you need at least 2 days to see it and a week would be really nice. It's something you'll never forget.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Bryant
    replied
    The museum in Dearborn is fantastic and a great place to visit because of the huge variety of exhibits and the many objects, etc. that aroused the interest of Henry Ford on display. My wife and I toured Greenfield Village in the mid-60's with another couple we were visiting in the area. The docent was telling us about the house we were in which as I recall had the first electric lighting in a home. Just she stated, "The lights in this home work, but have not been turned on in X amount of years." My friend, Don, simultaneously turned the rotary switch and on came the lights! The poor lady almost blew her own fuse! It was funny because of the timing , but not to the nice lady. The bulbs were those early types designed by Edison with the tips on the end where they were probably sealed when hand made. Our son still has the working replica bulb we bought him in Edison's lab in the Fort Myers museum.
    Last edited by Bob Bryant; 08-18-2011, 08:30 PM. Reason: bulb design

Leave a comment:

• Sam Ensley
    replied
    Personally, I prefer Freenfield Village and the Ford Museum to the Smithsonian as far as my interests in history go. I had thought about doing volunteer work there , such as cleaning cars, when I retired, but grandchildren ended those plans. I hope I last long enough to take my grandchildren there when they are old enough to appreciate it.

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Hey Bob , since you live so close have you ever seen a gray 52 2dr sedan in the area . I sold it to an elderly fella back about 2001 and have never seen it since. I delivered the car right to his home in Dearborne Heights. Think it was McKinley St.

Leave a comment:

• BeeJay
    replied
    We are only about 4 miles from there. Keep a yearly membership so we can go as much as we want. Lots of special events during the year. Only gripe is they won't let me show my car during the Motor Muster. Don't like modifieds. One year they did decide to allow hot rods, but did no accept my '33 Chavy because it was modified. Never found out what they thought a hot rod was.
    Bob

Leave a comment:

• raprice
    replied
    I have to totally agree with 2R5. My wife and I have visited the Henry Ford three times (we're from Long Island,NY). It's one of my favorite museums & I would love it if one of our National Meets could be held there. I'd go back in a New York minute. We can only hope.
    Rog

Leave a comment:

• Kurt
    replied
    We were there about 3 years ago. Had an absolutely great time. The only mistake we mad was not allowing enough time to really see it.

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    started a topic Greenfield Village & Ford Museum

Greenfield Village & Ford Museum

Went back to Greenfield Museum for the 1st time since the '95 International .....what a great place and there has been plenty of changes and additions. I could of stayed all day in the railroad round house ....unbelievable !
    Maybe its time to have the International back here ....its always been my favorite location ....hands down <g>
    Heading into he museum today .
Working...
X