Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JohnMSeymour
    replied
    OK. I stand corrected. I seem to remember that my '50 Starlight Coupe Regal Deluxe (that I had back in the seventies!) had a two piece windshield. But, that was a long time ago. Anyway, this is good conversation and I agree this would be a good subject to cover in Tech Tips. Any volunteers?

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    To try and turn this thread back positive for the somewhat "newbie" original poster...

Regarding windshields (not that you asked):

The same one-piece w/s was used from 47-52 on convertibles, 3 passenger coupes, 5 passenger coupes (Starlight), and Landcruisers. And the one-year only '52 hardtop.
    47-50 2 and 4 door sedans used 2 piece flat w/s. In 51-52 the sedans switched to the same one-piece w/s.

Leave a comment:

• royvaldez
    replied
    studegary, please state it depends. As I stated, 1950 starlight and commander had a one piece front glass.

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by JohnMSeymour View Post
    The '50 had a 2 piece windshield and the '51 had a 1 piece windshield. So, you would need the corresponding mounting for the windshield type.
    Not true. It depends on the body style.

Leave a comment:

• royvaldez
    replied
    John, The 1950 starlights champion and commanders came with a one piece front winshield. But you are correct in some respect.

Leave a comment:

• JohnMSeymour
    replied
    Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
    The sun visor will swap.
    The '50 had a 2 piece windshield and the '51 had a 1 piece windshield. So, you would need the corresponding mounting for the windshield type.

Leave a comment:

• royvaldez
    replied
    StudeRich, I tried to send you a private message but it is full. Anyway, I received a phone call from a customer who needs a 1950 champion hood. He is located in Seattle Wa. He has tried to call you but you have not return his call. Do you have a hood for him?

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    If the '50 is a Commander Big Six, there is almost nothing but the body tub that is the same as a '51.

Leave a comment:

• rockne10
    replied
    The sun visor will swap.

Leave a comment:

• BobGlasscock
    replied
    wow, we REALLY need a topic in the "Tech Tips, Specs and Data" link for this, as often as it comes up.

No, I am NOT saying anything about new owners asking the question. Go new owners!!!! Ask and you shall receive.

Leave a comment:

• warrlaw1
    replied
    Suspension was different, 51 was the first v8, as well. The body panels don't exchange between certain models (e.g. Champion to Commander or Land Cruiser), but I think the basic tubs were the same 47 through 52. Is it a business coupe or a starlite?

Leave a comment:

• studegary
    replied
    Originally posted by DudeStude View Post
    So I found a 1950 coupe I think I'm going to get and I know of a 1951 that would probably be good for parts. The '51 has a sunvisor that I'd definitely want to use.
    The list could be long, but not of most body parts, particularly the nose section. 1950s and 1951s have a similar look, but they are different cars - body, front suspension, Commander engines, etc. First we would need to know if the 1950 is a Champion or Commander.

Leave a comment:

• DudeStude
    started a topic What all swaps on a '50 and '51?

What all swaps on a '50 and '51?

So I found a 1950 coupe I think I'm going to get and I know of a 1951 that would probably be good for parts. The '51 has a sunvisor that I'd definitely want to use.
Working...
X