X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• raoul5788
    replied
    Originally posted by Sdude View Post
    These guys are rural carriers. They don't use no stinkin 1571s and they shouldn't even know what a 3996 is.

I counted a ton of mail in my day and have been retired 5 years now. I sure DON'T miss it....
    Shows you what I don't know about the rural side of mail delivery!

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Jim a PM sent

Leave a comment:

• LarkTruck
    replied
    Originally posted by STEWDI View Post
    Jim, if you'd like to think about it, I have an NOS kit with original panels to make your "new" '61 wagon into a panel delivery set up.

Stude made removable metal panels that fasten to the body and pillars with metal fasteners for commercial applications. My kit is complete right down to weather stripping and the fasteners(with screws!)

I haven't seen Studebaker International's new catalog, but SASCO told me (10? years ago?) I have the last kit they know of. PM me if interested. Price is reasonable. Not looking to make much on it.
    Roger, the wagon is a 4dr. Did they make the kit for those, I thought they were for 2dr wagons,
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• STEWDI
    replied
    Jim, if you'd like to think about it, I have an NOS kit with original panels to make your "new" '61 wagon into a panel delivery set up.

Stude made removable metal panels that fasten to the body and pillars with metal fasteners for commercial applications. My kit is complete right down to weather stripping and the fasteners(with screws!)

I haven't seen Studebaker International's new catalog, but SASCO told me (10? years ago?) I have the last kit they know of. PM me if interested. Price is reasonable. Not looking to make much on it.

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Oh, OK now I see the ebay ad, that should be an OK cheap project.

Looks like another color blind seller, Lol! Unless he had a really bad camera or lighting, both the exterior and interior are clearly GREEN!

Leave a comment:

• Sdude
    replied
    Originally posted by raoul5788 View Post
    Man, am I glad I took the early out two+ years ago! No more mail counts, hassles over 1571s and 3996s! And I can sleep late, too!
    These guys are rural carriers. They don't use no stinkin 1571s and they shouldn't even know what a 3996 is.

I counted a ton of mail in my day and have been retired 5 years now. I sure DON'T miss it....

Leave a comment:

• LarkTruck
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Pictures, picture, pictures! Can you at least tell us if it is a '59 or '60 and if a '60, a 2 Door or a 4 door?
    Sorry, as studefan said, see ebay link in post #22. I haven't figured out posting pics here yet. It is a 61 4dr wagon.
    Jim S.

Leave a comment:

• studefan
    replied
    see post #22 Rich

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Pictures, picture, pictures! Can you at least tell us if it is a '59 or '60 and if a '60, a 2 Door or a 4 door?

Leave a comment:

• LarkTruck
    replied
    Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
    That's a nice solid car. I would have bid but the $1300 shipping cost turned me away.

I might have sent you the link but you had said within a days drive of Sourh central PA.
    Well, this old girl arrived last night in East Earl Pa. after a little over a 10 day trip from Bob P's place in Casto Valley Ca. And shipping was under a grand!!!!! It is just what the Doctor ordered, and we have some new blood in the Stude World! Luke is is his name, and he is one heck of a body & paint man!!!!! Can't wait to see him work his majic on this one. Yes, it will be modified, (sorry you originality boys), but it is better than cutting it up or letting it rot into the ground.
    Anyone interested in the 259 3spd od drivetrain? Can be delivered to Reedsville.
    THANK YOU BOB PETERSON FOR YOR HELP!!!!!!!
    Jim S.

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied
    Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
    Given the fact that it may be a solid west coast car, that alone is well worth the freight . Even to a professional body man who co-owns a shop that does outstanding work, RUST is RUST!!! So, starting with this car is a very wise move.
    Thanks Bob.
    Jim
    True, but I meant that since I wasn't in the market for one it wasn't worth spending the shipping. If it was within driving distance, I definitely would have bid just to save it.

I have had good luck buying rust-free cars in the Northeast. There are cars that were not driven in winter, but also a lot of transplants that somebody already shipped and gave up on. My CO Daytona body was in MI, CO 57 Provincial was an hour away from me, and I have another 62 Daytona in the garage that spent it's life in MA and PA but no winters- all rock solid but nearby.

Of course, if one is on a schedule, the WC is a good option as well.

Leave a comment:

• 1962larksedan
    replied
    Originally posted by LarkTruck View Post
    Given the fact that it may be a solid west coast car, that alone is well worth the freight . Even to a professional body man who co-owns a shop that does outstanding work, RUST is RUST!!! So, starting with this car is a very wise move.
    Thanks Bob.
    Jim
    So very true yet quite a few folks still don't quite grasp the concept of buying an essentially rustfree vehicle for $1,000 more (factoring in the shipping costs admittedly) which is still cheaper in the long run than starting with a severely rusted out local one. Note: I underlined the word 'severely'
    Last edited by 1962larksedan; 08-27-2011, 11:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

• LarkTruck
    replied
    That's a nice solid car. I would have bid but the $1300 shipping cost turned me away.

I might have sent you the link but you had said within a days drive of Sourh central PA.
    Thanks Bob.
    Jim

Leave a comment:

• Bob Andrews
    replied

Last edited by Bob Andrews; 08-26-2011, 04:50 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LarkTruck
    replied
    Yes Bob, we had been watching it all week, pulled the trigger at the right time. JS

Leave a comment:

Working...
X