where can I find column parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where can I find column parts

I need a upper steering support for a 60 lark.is that sort of thing available anymore?

this is what I got I was told this is the spot to ask,let me know what and how much.thanks
    soda

If there are some left this is where you would find it:

http://studebaker-intl.com/catalog.html

Their warehouse in South bend, IN still has the remains of the Studebaker Corp. Worldwide supply depot parts in stock.
    Maybe someone here with the Studebaker Chassis Parts Catalog and a little time would give you the required Part Number, if you state the Trans. type of your '60 Lark.

That is, if you have not ordered the CD Rom Disc. or books with the Shop Manual and Parts Catalogs yet that you will need to maintain and restore your car.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

What you should be looking for is a 1692500P Housing and bearing. 1692741 Bolt, to jacket 1/4" x 28 special, 3091X4 Nut and G120386 Washer.

Comment

thank you for looking them up for me.it is a big help.

Comment

Will this help?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...Q5fAccessories

Comment

I am not sure, will it help fellas? if so I will buy it for that price.

Comment

in the top pix, what are the pieces missing in the corners of the dash pad called? and are they available to the public?

Comment

Originally posted by mookandairin View Post
                I need a upper steering support for a 60 lark.is that sort of thing available anymore?>>><<<this is what I got I was told this is the spot to ask,let me know what and how much.thanks
                soda
                Just from those pics. it appears there may be several more parts missing, and not just the "support" itself. There is a good chance Studebaker International may have all the component parts needed, but if you'd consider going with a completely assembled "used" column, try giving Tommy K. a call
                (574) 287.5834. Before calling Tommy, make sure you have the model year and know automatic or 3 spd.

PS: Tommy also has the best inventory of used Lark steering wheels in really great condition that I've ever seen.
                Last edited by Welcome; 08-06-2011, 06:11 AM. Reason: ...to add bluing....

Comment

I put a bid on this part. I bid the big, 4.95. I hope it is something I am in need of lol seeing how I need it all
                  http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_500wt_1182

Comment

Originally posted by mookandairin View Post
                    in the top pix, what are the pieces missing in the corners of the dash pad called? and are they available to the public?
                    That would be a trim piece......I would call it an A pillar/dash cover piece, covers the ends of the padded dash, and the pillar itself.

I would guess an easy, post on the forum and ask for one......item, (left and right), or swap meet find.
                    Book calls them, Cowl Top and Windshield Opening Panels.
                    Last edited by 4961Studebaker; 08-09-2011, 08:16 AM.
                    61 Lark

sigpic

Comment

mookandairin, I have a lot of used 59-60 Lark parts, CHEAP, what do you need?
                      Jim
                      I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Working...
                      X