1941 Commander coupe needing rear body parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1941 Commander coupe needing rear body parts

A fellow here in Finland imported a 1941 Commander from Wisconsin few years ago. It is a 2 door coupe with a pretty solid body. for many years it had been serving in - at least to me - in an utmost odd " Studebaker service": It had a sort of industrial sawing blade system fitted in its rear part. When fitting that someone cut off the rear body ![V] Someone used it to saw timber ? The car arrived to Finland with that "system" in its rear part -- with no rear deck lid and missing fenders etc.

The owner would be extremely happy to find a decent rear deck lid and rear fenders to put the car back on the road.In all honesty - it may end up as a rod but getting restored is not excluded as an option. Any leads are appreciated -- even a reasonably priced parts car -- ideally not too far from a shipping port.

some pics of what it needs here:

http://rides.webshots.com/photo/2651...64371389VmeqCT

Pekka

President State Coupe 1955 and Golden Hawk 1958
    sigpic

1960 Lark VIII Regal convertible - 1964 Daytona Wagonaire

Yes, you can still occasionally find an old car or truck chassis here in the woods in the northwest US. It was a very simple way to supply power for a small mill. Drive it to the location, strip the body away to expose the drive wheels, replace a rear wheel with a belt drum, and start sawing.
    Another old practice, usually seen more often in rural areas where trucks were more useful than cars, was to cut off the back half of a car body, fill that open area with a plywood sheet and make a truck bed with another sheet of plywood.

Dwain G.

Comment

Yes, you can still occasionally find an old car or truck chassis here in the woods in the northwest US. It was a very simple way to supply power for a small mill. Drive it to the location, strip the body away to expose the drive wheels, replace a rear wheel with a belt drum, and start sawing.
      Another old practice, usually seen more often in rural areas where trucks were more useful than cars, was to cut off the back half of a car body, fill that open area with a plywood sheet and make a truck bed with another sheet of plywood.

Dwain G.

Comment

Did you recieve my E-Mail, about the fenders ?
        Klif

55 Speedster
        55 Speedster/Street Machine
        63 Avanti R2
        64 Convertible R1

Comment

Did you recieve my E-Mail, about the fenders ?
          Klif

55 Speedster
          63 Avanti R2
          64 Convertible R1

Comment

Klif,

No I never received that e-mail about the fenders -- maybe my firewall classified it as a spam or something else did happen.

Please do resend it. If it does not come through this time I will contact you.

Pekka

sigpic

Comment

Klif,

No I never received that e-mail about the fenders -- maybe my firewall classified it as a spam or something else did happen.

Please do resend it. If it does not come through this time I will contact you.

Pekka

sigpic

Comment

Pekka,

There is a left rear fender on e-bay now, use the link below to see the item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/41-st...37751020QQrdZ1

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Pekka,

There is a left rear fender on e-bay now, use the link below to see the item.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/41-st...37751020QQrdZ1

Gary

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

French Lake Auto Parts. Annandale, Mn. USA. 320-274-8497 They have a 1941 Commander sedan for parts. The rear fenders will work, but not the deck lid.
                    Klif

55 Speedster
                    63 Avanti R2
                    64 Convertible R1

Comment

French Lake Auto Parts. Annandale, Mn. USA. 320-274-8497 They have a 1941 Commander sedan for parts. The rear fenders will work, but not the deck lid.
                      Klif

55 Speedster
                      63 Avanti R2
                      64 Convertible R1

Comment

Thanks for the leads. I will forward them to the owner of the car. Maybe these bring at least a partial solution to his needs.

Pekka

sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the leads. I will forward them to the owner of the car. Maybe these bring at least a partial solution to his needs.

Pekka

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X