Caravans to South Bend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caravans to South Bend

Has anyone heard of any caravans to South Bend being put together yet?

How cool would it be to have SDC get onboard and put something together-
    four tours that all met up in South Bend for a little shin-dig...
    Zone Co-Ordinators unite!!!

It's too soon for me to tell if I'll be attending, but I know I'd like to.
    I had a blast at 2002 and 2007.
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Jon Stalnaker (SDUDE) and I mentioned traveling together from Northern CA, er California. We would probably be going straight across on I-80. Very early in the planning process though, so no plans are firm at this point.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

A few of us in eastern North Carolina are talking about a caravan to South Bend. Nothing definite yet, but we are serously thinking about a non-interstate trip. I am sort of waiting for the meet schedule to come out before making definite plans, especially dates.
      Joe Roberts
      '61 R1 Champ
      '65 Cruiser
      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

We plan to attend from the North West. Crossing USA on I90. Plan is to leave around July 15th or so and holiday across???
        Anyone else from the North West that would like to tour with us or meet along the way?????? Please Contact me.
        Or if you already have a caravan going from this direction...let me know.
        Good Roads
        Brian
        Brian Woods
        woodysrods@shaw.ca
        1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

Still looking for SDC members to meet along the way or to visit for a quick garage tour or cool beverage???
          Good Roads
          Brian & Sandi
          Brian Woods
          woodysrods@shaw.ca
          1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

I can get some Avantis (and posssibly some Studes from the Blackhawk SDC) from the Chicago land area lined up to join a caravan coming across I-80 around I-57 or the Tri-State Tollway (294). PM me with contact information, the day and approximate time you are coming through. Three of us from Chicagoland AOAI drove a '76 and an '02 from Chicago to Gettysburg last July and had a ball doing it. It would be great to "help" long caravanners go the last 90 miles to where it all started.
            sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Looking for a Florida Caravan to the meet.
              We will be leaving from South Fla. area with Ed's 1990 Avanti 4 door and either my 63 GT Hawk or 78 Avanti II.
              Can meet the group in North Fla. area for Caravan Start.

Comment

[QUOTE=Pat Dilling;565302]Jon Stalnaker (SDUDE) and I mentioned traveling together from Northern CA, er California. We would probably be going straight across on I-80. Very early in the planning process though, so no plans are firm at this point.
                This would be a great idea! Starting from California coming across I80 you could pickup/add to your caravan along the way. I doubt I could go this year, but maybe in the future. You'd just need a list of all interested who'll be coming from the West on I80 and call them when coming through. Would be real interesting to see how many you add along the way. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by 50Ragtop View Post
                  This would be a great idea! Starting from California coming across I80 you could pickup/add to your caravan along the way. I doubt I could go this year, but maybe in the future. You'd just need a list of all interested who'll be coming from the West on I80 and call them when coming through. Would be real interesting to see how many you add along the way. Good luck!
                  That's pretty much what I meant when I said "Zone Co-Ordinators unite!!!"

If they did~ it would make for a pretty sweet sight somewhere along the way...

Here's to hopin' it can happen.

StudeDave '57
                  might still make it...?
                  StudeDave '57
                  US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                  SDC Member since 1985

past President
                  Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                  San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                  San Diego Chapter SDC
                  North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

If possible, I would enjoy caravanning with anyone driving through Minnesota. Perhaps I'll see you West-coasters driving I-90 when it merges with I-94 in Wisconsin.
                    sigpic
                    In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Comment

Okay the Eastern North Carolina Chapter will definitely be caravaning to South Bend. We have the route and lodging set up. If anybody here is interested let me know via email or pm and I'll send you the details. This caravan will be spending a lot of time on non-interstate roads, using interstates only where time is a factor.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Coming from Houston

I have room reservation made and plan to drive from Houston in my Avanti. i would be happy to form-up with anyone in TX, AR, TN, IN

"have tool box, 1911, and will travel"

Joe
                        75 Avanti, 61 Corvette, 73 Corvette, 95 Corvette, 61 Beech Baron, 1944 PBJ

Comment

Add us to the list for the I-80 route . . . .

A couple of us from the Laramie Hi Wheelers chapter of AACA are planning to caravan out to South Bend for the International Meet. We're still in the planning stages, and it would be great fun to join a larger caravan coming from California/Nevada/Utah. If you plan to take the general I-80 route, please shoot me a message and we'll make plans! I can even suggest a couple short detours off the Interstate to make the drive a bit more interesting.

Comment

I should be coming across on I-80 during the week prior. Will stop in Audubon Iowa to drop my wife off at her sisters on the week-end of the 28th and driving into South Bend from there on Monday the 30th. We were looking at an over night stop somewhere in Wyoming.

Pat
                            Pat Dilling
                            Olivehurst, CA
                            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Working...
                            X