Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most ridiculous thing you'll see all day. Sunbeam towing Avanti.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There should be a device that is attached to the brake pedal in the tow vehicle which applies the trailer brakes before the tow vehicle brakes every time.

I once had a pad fall off on my truck while towing my Travel trailer. I used the trailer to do nearly all the braking until I was able to fix the truck brake.

Handy!
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

It's the internet,

Everybody using it is an authority. Just ask 'em!
      Mike O'Handley, Cat Herder Third Class
      Kenmore, Washington
      hausdok@msn.com

'58 Packard Hawk
      '05 Subaru Baja Turbo
      '71 Toyota Crown Coupe
      '69 Pontiac Firebird
      (What is it with me and discontinued/orphan cars?)

Comment

'Looks like one of these will be at the fall 2015 Auburn Auction:

http://www.auctionsamerica.com/event..._campaign=AF15

BP
        We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
        "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by t walgamuth View Post
          There should be a device that is attached to the brake pedal in the tow vehicle which applies the trailer brakes before the tow vehicle brakes every time.
          Tom,
          Tiger Tom, who owned and towed with the Sunbeam Tiger, had his trailer brake control set up on the brake pedal so it did precisely that. I first saw it in action when he used the Tiger to tow a Coupe Express on a trailer from the Lancaster International Meet in 2008.
          "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
          Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
          '33 Rockne 10,
          '51 Commander Starlight,
          '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
          '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Originally posted by 8E45E View Post
            They always had a Ford engine; the later one being a 289. No Chrysler V8 would fit inside the engine compartment of the Alpine/Tiger body.

Craig
            I don't know about that Craig...I recently saw a Sunbeam Alpine with a 427 big block Ford shoehorned into it...I doubt if the Chrysler's engine dimensions are any larger....unless you 'got a HEMI'!

Comment

People can debate this subject all day long, but no words will ever overcome the laws of physics. While some may think it is safe, you would not want to be facing a PI attorney because your bad judgment injured others.

And yes, I know something about trailers as I have towed thousands of miles and owned everything from a 4'x8' utility trailer up to a 28' dual tandem gooseneck.
              Last edited by Guido; 08-26-2015, 05:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X