The Lamberti papers #1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
    What side of the car were they affixed to when new?
    I remember them being squished into the LR Quarter Window on Avantis.

'Just did some research on line and cannot find a definitive answer to the question of whether or not the factory had to install them (Maroney Stickers) in 1963. They do today, of course. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

How about the body or serial number (or whatever it was) that was written in grease pencil on the windshields of those cars? Those cars don't seem to have their windshields marked. One pays the dealer for the removal of those grease pencil marks, inspection stickers, etc. as part of the services performed before a brand new car is delivered to the customer on the line labeled 'dealer prep'!

Craig

Comment

1. Wheel Covers
        2. Factory Invoice Stickers
        3. All are '63's - are there any drip rails installed?, I did see a couple of antennas and it looks like the headlight covers are on cars to me.
        4. Kind of odd, none of those cars had fender mounted mirrors, dealer installed option?
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

i have posted a comment in the Stovehuggers forum about the use of apostrophe's, in response to our Bob's complaints. As it is about grammar and not Studebaker, i thought it did not belong here.

alan hagan

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
            I am friends with Sherwood's grandson. I shared this info with him and told him he should be proud of his grandfather.
            That's great and he should be proud of his Grandfather for his brave attempts at jump-starting Studebaker. Has the grandson ever shared any information about his grandfather's life post-Studebaker? I have never seen any information about what Egbert was involved in after leaving the company for health reasons in late 1963 and his death in 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
              Gary Lindstrom may be able to answer this.

I'm not sure it was federal requirement that they were affixed to the car when shipped. In that they had to be affixed when the car was placed for sale, it may have been that Studebaker sent them separately, or inside the car, or mailed with the CofO, etc, for the dealer to affix them at the dealership.

Anyone know for sure? BP
              I do not remember what Studebaker was doing then. I do not believe that they were factory installed. I have seen pictures of finished 1963 Avantis in the factory and sitting in a storage lot that do not have window stickers on them. I have seen pictures of 1963 Avantis in dealer showrooms with the price sticker affixed (left rear quarter window). This makes me think that the dealer installed them. The stickers have to be with the car at the time of retail sale/delivery.

In the 1990s, Chrysler products came off the truck with the price sticker in the window. Sometimes we had to change them.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by Milaca View Post
                Front license plate brackets?
                Only cars delivered to states that require a front license plate come with the front bracket and then it comes in the trunk and the dealer has to install it. I have purchased many used cars without a front bracket and had to order one for the front plate in NY.
                Gary L.
                Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

We purchased R 5051 new from the dealer . There was no window sticker attached, and we never saw one. The car was dealer traded for, and we never received the warranty package as well.
                  Never sought either piece of documentation, as it was not important at the time.

Bob Caser
                  mrbobinc

Comment

What do these documents look like? Could they be scanned and presented in the original format? Seems like a lot of work for you to have to type all of these. Don't get me wrong either. The presentation is much appreciated!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by StudeMichael View Post
                      What do these documents look like? Could they be scanned and presented in the original format? Seems like a lot of work for you to have to type all of these. Don't get me wrong either. The presentation is much appreciated!!!!
                      Pretty poor quality. In any event they needed to be digitized for preservation purposes.
                      Richard Quinn
                      Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Comment

Working...
                      X