C/K 53-5? Two Tone Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C/K 53-5? Two Tone Trim

Did Stude ever make a dealer installed two-tone trim for the C/K body like the sedan? (see attached).

Jon Kammer
    Attached Files

I've never seen this kit before. I suspect it may be aftermarket.... Is there any info on the instruction sheet like a part number or AC-xxxx number? It certainly is not in the '53 accesories brochure. I have seen some custom paint jobs with a 2-tone paint break that would follow where these mouldings go but not with the actual mouldings. From what I can see of the instructions in the picture, the car in the upper drawing looks like a C/K and the lower is a sedan.

Jeff in ND

Comment

These kits were available for C/K models. They are aftermarket, not Studebaker.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Actually the '55-'56 C&K's did have a factory two-tone Moulding that came with the optional Two-Tone Paint.
        But, it was not on the body side, it goes around the rear backlite an inch or so below it.

The only paintline moulding on '53-'54's was the Gold "Studebaker" script on the "C" pillar.
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

All that said, I have the two-tone molding that Rich is talking about. Has anyone ever seen the side trim for a C/K recently at a swap meet or??? Are they stainless or??? Anyone know who actually made them?

JK

Comment

Those mouldings are the kind of thing you would actually find in the J.C. Whitney Catalog in the Day. IMHO, just more ways to clutter up a beautiful, timeless design, like the fender skirts, bumper corner guards, over-rider bars, Continental Kits, fog Lights, spotlights etc.

They would have to have been Stainless Steel, I have seen them on cars at SDC Car shows before, and the accompanying two-tone that does not look as good as the factory one.
            StudeRich
            Second Generation Stude Driver,
            Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Working...
            X