Studebaker Bros. records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studebaker Bros. records

Does anybody know if any records survived from the earlier (pre 1915) Studebaker Bros. company? I don't believe there were any inventory numbers or VINs on the Carriages. Still, it would be interesting to know if production numbers and such were available.
    Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
    K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
    Ron Smith
    Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

I don't know for sure, but i was always under the impression that Studebaker Corp had one of the most Complete and intact set of corporate records in existence. Perhaps Mr Quinn can clarify that for us.
    Evan Davis
    Prince Albert, Sk

Comment

If I remember from doing research back in the mid-90s, there are some of the original ledger books in the archives but not much else (this wasn't what I was looking at so I could be wrong). From what I understood from the husband/wife archivist at the time a lot of documentation was lost when taken over by the city and the to Syracuse/from Syracuse moves took place.

Comment

Originally posted by 62champ View Post
        If I remember from doing research back in the mid-90s, there are some of the original ledger books in the archives but not much else (this wasn't what I was looking at so I could be wrong). From what I understood from the husband/wife archivist at the time a lot of documentation was lost when taken over by the city and the to Syracuse/from Syracuse moves took place.
        I believe the husband / wife archivists were a Mr & Mrs Denham who both had good knowledge & extremely helpful probably back in the early nineties. I did see some of those ledger books going back to the late 1850's but they did not contain information of what we know today as vin or serial numbers.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
        MELBOURNE.

Comment

Working...
        X