Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this one for real ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Stude...fCarsQ5fTrucks

...can't believe there isn't more pictures and also a reserve.
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

You know, one of these days some hacker is going to put a link to a supposed ebay item and then a bunch of forum members are going to click on it and WHAMMO, instant virus or worse.

I no longer click on anything on the forum unless it's identified better than "Is this one for real?" How do we know the link is for real? It could be anything from a Studebaker to a refrigerator to a virus. Come on.
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
      You know, one of these days some hacker is going to put a link to a supposed ebay item and then a bunch of forum members are going to click on it and WHAMMO, instant virus or worse.

I no longer click on anything on the forum unless it's identified better than "Is this one for real?" How do we know the link is for real? It could be anything from a Studebaker to a refrigerator to a virus. Come on.
      Then I guess he would also be able to hack any members account so I guess it's best to just never click on anything anywhere. My idea of danger does not usually start with a link from a member with 2264 posts.

Just me.

Bob

Comment

Dont know the answer to your question but it is a nice coupe-express. Does seem familiar so proceed with caution. Good Luck, Steve
        sigpic

Comment

In case anyone ever does click on a link to a virus, an IT guy told me the bext thing to do is immediately shutdown the computer by holding the off button down till it powers off. In most cases the anti-virus software will kill off the intruder during the subsequent restart.

Originally posted by Scott View Post

edp/NC
          \'63 Avanti
          \'66 Commander

Comment

Appears to be same vehicle and photos as used before in a eBay scam. Interior is TEAL???? Doubt it. Let's have an AZ Forum member ask the seller if they can come see the vehicle...
            KURTRUK
            (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Well I just wondered because with only 2 pictures on such a nice truck I figured it may be a scam.
              sigpic

Comment

Avast is free and when I click on a suspicious site or link, tells me and asks what do I want to do with it.

Now, everyone knows that NO virus killer can get 'em all. But so far, Avast has gotten all I've ever encountered. I previously used Norton but it made my computer run SOOO slowly. Avast was recommended by Kim Komando and really works well for me. Even updates its virus list automatically and tells me when it does it.

John

Comment

It has an aftermarket outside rear view mirror, and the Coupe tail lights, instead of the Nalco in a stem...
                  HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Chris on the Studebaker Truck Talk Forum says this is pictures of his truck.
                    Allen

Comment

possible scam or just a newbie seller? (2)

here's another coupe express also on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1937-...item3cba002749
                      Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Now that one I can believe.
                        sigpic

Comment

Removed from ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by Corvanti View Post
                            possible scam or just a newbie seller? (2)

here's another coupe express also on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1937-...item3cba002749
                            now thats effin cool. i had never heard of those before
                            1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Comment

Is there need for vulger language on this forum?
                              Allen

Comment

Working...
                              X