Avantis on eBay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avantis on eBay

I just looked for Avantis on eBay. I was surprised that there were only four (two Studebaker and two post-Studebaker). I was more surprised that there were no bids on any of them (even one with no reserve and starting at about $2K).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

It's always a crap shoot trying to guess a good time to advertise anything on Ebay. With the AOAI meet just completed, many Avanti owners and Stude owners in general have been busy prepping their cars for the show, as well as travel time.

Many who might normally be interested in Ebay auctions may still be on the road returning home.

Add that to a lousy economy and it's no wonder there's been so few bids for only a few cars.
    Poet...Mystic...Soldier of Fortune. As always...self-absorbed, adversarial, cocky and in general a malcontent.

Comment

There will be another on Wednesday...
      Jim
      Often in error, never in doubt
      http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
        I just looked for Avantis on eBay. I was surprised that there were only four (two Studebaker and two post-Studebaker). I was more surprised that there were no bids on any of them (even one with no reserve and starting at about $2K).
        Gary

When I started to look for an Avanti about two years ago I developed a habit that I can't break eventhough I purchased one shortly afterwards. When I log onto Ebay, one of my searches is Avanti and generally there are two to four at any given time. I've seen as many as 12 in the spring and consider 6 to 8 a lot at any time.

Bruce is correct in the time of year and economy are not conducive to a high number at this time and the limited amount produced are also a major restriction.

The one that surprised me was the Black one that JDP posted on with a BIN of $13,995. It didn't sell until the bids were $13,700 then some one hit the BIN. That just demonstrated the general lack of enthusiasm for them.

A really unique one like Jim's may start a frenzy but generally they just drift up until interest runs out or the sell cheap.

I'll guarantee you that if I had been in the market, That $13,995 BIN would have been hit quickly.

Bob
        Last edited by sweetolbob; 07-18-2011, 03:53 PM.

Comment

I was thinking about selling my 63 Avanti, but looking at the selling prices on EBAY recently, I might revise my plan. Bud

Comment

as of now, there are 5 avantis up for auction.
            3 are overpriced (IMHO). one is questionable - hog troughs replaced with 1/4 inch steel frames by seller, among other things. and one has 17 bids having been on for less than a day.
            throw mr. mc cuan's and bud's in there, i'd say it would look about normal...

http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...ti&_sacat=6001
            Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

the white one with 17 bids sure looks sweet! I'm guessing 17 to 20 k range.

Comment

I have a nice straight bodied 63 R-1 bad paint solid frame and hog troughs, been sitting for some time brakes are stuck and engine might also be not sure yet, will let it go for $5000.00 every thing is there even wheel covers. power windows, and auto. also a full package 63 GT with auto and air, some rust in the front floors, trunk is solid, body is straight and rust free, one repaired front fender need some work not bad, engine might be stuck not sure yet but the brakes are for sure, good seats in black and white , $7,000.00 as it sits, you can't restore a full package hawk until you own one.
                Candbstudebakers
                Castro Valley,
                California

Comment

Bud - please check you PM's. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                  X