Cruiser Body Tag

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cruiser Body Tag

I didn't pay a lot of attention to 1964 Cruisers at the SDC Atlantic Zone Meet. I guess that is because I have owned four.
    I did notice a body streamer on one: "EXT TRM". I couldn't figure out what it was for. I asked Jim Piper and he also did not know, as well as the owner. The exterior did not appear to have any special trim. I thought that it may have been the individual reclining seats, but that should have simply been an option.
    Does anyone know what EXT TRM is?
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I didn't pay a lot of attention to 1964 Cruisers at the SDC Atlantic Zone Meet. I guess that is because I have owned four.
    I did notice a body streamer on one: "EXT TRM". I couldn't figure out what it was for. I asked Jim Piper and he also did not know, as well as the owner. The exterior did not appear to have any special trim. I thought that it may have been the individual reclining seats, but that should have simply been an option.
    Does anyone know what EXT TRM is?
    Was this a Hamilton car? Did you look at the door panels at all? Were they actual Cruiser door panels; or were they the Daytona style with carpeting affixed to the lower areas? There's another '64 Cruiser with the EXT TRM streamer, and that is the only thing that was 'odd' about it.

Note the door panels on the Jet Green Cruiser in this thread: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ght=white+spot

Craig
    Last edited by 8E45E; 07-18-2011, 05:29 PM.

Comment

It is a Hamilton car.
      I did not notice the door panels and neither the owner nor Craig said anything about them.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, this subject has been discussed a couple of times on this forum previously. No one as of yet has come up with a convincing answer. Clem, our 64' Hamilton built Jet Green Cruiser has that same EXT TRM tag. Originally I theorized that it meant "Extra Treatment," because Clem was a South Bend Headquarters company car and as such got some added tweaks during assembly. However, there just seems to be too many 64' Cruisers out there with that tag I think for that to be the case. I wonder of there were, or still are, 64's Daytonas, Challengers etc. other than Cruisers with that tag? Does any forum member know of such?
        Dean

CLEM

Comment

Working...
        X