Gettysburg Show Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by studegary View Post
    I was there when a guy that brought his young (probably teen aged) neighbor boy was talking Avanti. I described the years, etc. Then a lady (I won't use her name.) with an Avanti offered to give the boy a ride. I thought that they would just ride around the grounds of the Inn. I waited a long time and never did see them come back! I would like to purchase her Avanti, but she never offered me a ride <G>.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	mrs. robinson.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	1670254 coo, coo, ca - shoo, Mrs. Robinson...
    Kerry. SDC Member #A012596W. ENCSDC member.

'51 Champion Business Coupe - (Tom's Car). Purchased 11/2012.

'40 Champion. sold 10/11. '63 Avanti R-1384. sold 12/10.

Comment

Originally posted by Avantidon View Post
      Great pictures Brad!!! I guess John Clement must have been hiding from you oe at lrast he failed to appear in any of your pictures if you took them.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10,
      '51 Commander Starlight,
      '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée",
      '56 Sky Hawk

Comment

Thanks Brad. The gentleman in the picture with me is Tom Curtis, the new SDC President. It was great to see him there and yes he does own an Avanti. He was on his way home on Saturday with Ed Reynolds and came all the way to the Concours Field to say "Goodgye." Really appreciated the effort he made to do that
        sigpicSee you in the future as I write about our past

Comment

Thanks guys for the kind comments on the Gettysburg Meet. I'm sorry I didn't get to talk with a lot of you during the meet. Taking care of the details of the meet don't leave you a lot of time to enjoy the show.

Thank you Andy and Becky for making this a VERY special show by bringing the prototype to the meet. Thank you, AOAI for making the show a meet to remember, and, thank you Don Jones, for all the help in making this a very successful meet.

studeguy54
          Denny Foust

Comment

Just want to acknowledge that I finally met Matthew in person and we spent some quality time at the show. A wonderful young man.

Thanks Dennis and Don for an incredibly enjoyable event. Jeff

Comment

Your pictures have convinced me to try to make the Gettysburg meet next year. Your pictures of the Rutland Car Show are great. I saw the beige 1940 Cpe rod in South Bend years ago. I believe that is the prettiest car I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by studefan View Post
                Just want to acknowledge that I finally met Matthew in person and we spent some quality time at the show. A wonderful young man.
                Was a pleasure meeting you too, Jeff!

Comment

Working...
                X