No announcement yet.

Ways to get new title

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think you may be looking at a title bond incorrectly. I bought a title bond from my insurance agent and received a title for my truck the same day. The way it was explained to me is; the bond is insurance in case someone comes out of the woodwork to claim the vehicle. If someone does in fact appear to try to take the vehicle, they will be paid off through the title bond. After three years, if anyone shows up to try to claim the vehicle they are S.O.L. It is well worth it and is peace of mind when dumping moneys into your project. Neal

Comment

Doe any one know the easiest/best way to get a title in Illinois?

Comment

Have you thought of going thru a lien sale company? Since you inherited the car why not use the person who was the prior owner & say the car was abandoned on your property?
        59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
        60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
        61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
        62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
        62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
        62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
        63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
        63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
        64 Zip Van
        66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
        66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

It looks like a buy to me, especially for someone on the West Coast and more so if a title is obtained.
          I would think that you could get an immediate title, by just paying for bonding/insurance of your ownership. I would start by going to the DMV with information on the car and your ownership, such as the will.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Advice from every end of this country won't help you much, it only muddies up the water. You need to follow the process for the state of Washington. If this car has never been titled or registered in Washington then you probably can't file for an affidavit in lieu of title, which is one process in Washington. It will need to be inspected by the Washington state patrol, they will check the numbers on the car and check them against a national database, mainly to see if it was stolden, with the numbers verified clear the Department of Licensing will issue a registration, after 3 years they will issue a regular title. The car can be sold/transferred anytime during the 3 year period.

Comment

Working...
            X