No announcement yet.

Finally Joined the SDC Forum here are a couple of my 56 presidents

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck! not ME.....I'd rather have the President Classic(4dr) better trim, longer wheel base (120.5") beter ride.
    Bez Auto Alchemy
    573-318-8948
    http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

President Classic is the extended length 4 Dr. Vice President is the shorter 4 Dr. and I guess the 2 Dr. Pres can be the Speaker of the house. 2 dr. Presidents are semi rare. My fav is the 56 Pres classic. Hope to get one one day. jimmijim
      sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Private message sent.
        Originally posted by Joe_Studebaker_1977 View Post
        Jim, It was great to see you, as well. It's been awhile since I seen all of you and hope that the occurrence will be more frequent. Yes as 41 Frank has reminded me of Mr. Mitchell's cars. Gene was one of two studebaker guys that I rode to Southbend, In back in 2002. I had the privilege of staying at his house the night before and he gave me the tourer of all the Studebaker's he was able to save from the crusher. So so many vehicles. I just learned of his passing from the Lester and Lila Bartel. I had no idea he passed and from what I thought that all the vehicles were tied up in the estate. I take it the family is slowly selling off the vehicles? Is that right Frank? Frank if you could send me a PM with the information that I can get in contact with a member of the family that would be very helpful.

1962Larksedan: Thank you for the information on the doors. I thought Rodney or Gene had told me that some of the cars body parts crossed over but I wasn't sure of the years. That will help. Thank you.

Dwain: My family does own one of the Studebaker boats it is the "Studebaker 22" model and we use it all the time to go fishing in and it is by far one of the joys I love to do with my dad and in memory of my grandfather.

BobPalma: I too, want to restore the 2dr President. I have heard that it is a rare find and I want to restore it back to original. I have yet to see one in a car show that I have been to thus far. I imagine as time continues to pass that less of them are around.

Anyhow,

Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope to spend more time on here in the future.

Joe.
        Frank van Doorn
        Omaha, Ne.
        1962 GT Hawk 289 4 speed
        1941 Champion streetrod, R-2 Powered, GM 200-4R trans.
        1952 V-8 232 Commander State "Starliner" hardtop OD

Comment

Originally posted by Joe_Studebaker_1977 View Post
          BobPalma: I too, want to restore the 2dr President. I have heard that it is a rare find and I want to restore it back to original. I have yet to see one in a car show that I have been to thus far. I imagine as time continues to pass that less of them are around.

Anyhow, Thanks for the warm welcome and I hope to spend more time on here in the future. Joe.
          Yes, Joe; the 2-door is more than four times as rare as the Classic. Production:

1956 President 2-doors: 1,914

1956 President Classics: 8,507

BP

We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
          "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Hi Joe

Congratulations on acquiring two worthwhile projects! As is noted, the two door is very rare, almost never seen at SDC shows or anywhere. It's Daybreak Blue and Snowcap White, one of the prettiest combinations that year.

The President Classic is the nicest driving and riding, most luxurious sedan they offered, it's universally praised for it's great qualities. Yours appears to be a scarce color combination, Rosebud and Snowcap White, Code 5664. That's one of six additional choices that became available April 1956. Through pink and white might not be your taste, please consider restoring it in the original colors. Tracking those '56 President Classics for the last decade, I've only seen one restored in the colors, one derelict one in a junkyard. The most common combination seems to be the Mocha and Doeskin, second the Yellowstone and Snowcap White, then Black and White.

Hope you will keep us apprised of your progress on your projects.

Steve
            Last edited by 56H-Y6; 07-19-2011, 05:37 AM.

Comment

I believe that there were three 1956 President Classics at the Atlantic Zone Meet at Gettysburg, but no 1956 two doors.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
              X