Southbend past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southbend past

At the last southbend meet we were only allowed access to our cars at the fairgrounds from 8 am to 5pm,I thought that was insane, Will that change. How many miles will the host hotel be from the site?

It is 5.76 miles from the host hotel to the Fairgrounds, and the construction that was being done in 2007 is completed. As far as access to your car, this was also the policy at the recent International in Springfield. If you need access to your car earlier or you need to get your car in there after dinner, please let me know, and I will work with you on that. I am overall in charge of the activities at the Fairground. Please understand this is a security thing, and we don't mean to be soup...er...car nazis. We just want to make sure that the cars are safe and secure.

Bob Henning

Comment

Do I understand correctly that the cars are parked at the Fairgrounds while members are at the hotel(s) overnight? If we are relying on our Studebakers for transportation that poses some problems. Or can the cars be kept at the motels overnight and brought to and from the fair grounds for events? Will there be shuttles?

thanks

Pat
      Pat Dilling
      Olivehurst, CA
      Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

South Bend. Two words, not one.

Comment

You can come and go as you wish as long as it is after 8 am and before 5 pm. Problem I have with that is the inability to clean and work on your car, in my case I had three cars there at on time, all customer cars, no way to enjoy the show and take care of bussiness, all other meets access has been night and day.

Comment

Thanks, that's workable for me.
            Pat Dilling
            Olivehurst, CA
            Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

Comment

Originally posted by oltrknut View Post
              >>>Problem I have with that is the inability to clean and work on your car, in my case I had three cars there at on time, all customer cars, no way to enjoy the show and take care of bussiness, all other meets access has been night and day.
              Just a thought…

There always seems to be "extra hands" around South Bend you could hire to meet your business obligations during MeetWeek2012. They’ll do a great job and they work very fast, so the 8 to 5 time frame should not be a problem. Not all speak English, but you can communicate using the "Universal Language."

IF …the SDC 50th Anniversary/2012 IM will be as big as some think, you may even see some of these "hired" Volunteers helping out here & there.
              Last edited by Welcome; 07-22-2011, 05:03 AM.

Comment

Sorry to not reply for awhile. If you need access to your car in the Fairground lot early or later, let me know. I am out there all week. There will be security there and we can make arrangements. We don't intend on making it difficult just to make sure your time in South Bend in enjoyable and uncomplicated with no security issues.

Comment

Okay, I may be a little dense, but I need a little explanation. Why would you have your car parked at the Fair Grounds almost 6 miles from the hotel, except on the day of the concours? Maybe I have missed something somewhere.
                  Joe Roberts
                  '61 R1 Champ
                  '65 Cruiser
                  Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I would still like to know an answer to the above question. It sounds like we will not be able to park at the host hotel. Is this true?
                    Joe Roberts
                    '61 R1 Champ
                    '65 Cruiser

Comment

These are good questions that will affect a lot of people.
                      For instance... If I can't get in or out after 5pm... Where's the closest campground that I can park an RV?
                      It might be easier for me to rent an RV for the trip and stay close (to the fiargrounds) than have all the hassle of trailers and commuting to offsite motels and hotels.
                      All I would like to know is what the official policy is.
                      Jeff

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                      I would still like to know an answer to the above question. It sounds like we will not be able to park at the host hotel. Is this true?
                      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK View Post
                        >>>Where's the closest campground that I can park an RV?<<<
                        Jeff

GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
                        41.53576, -86.36087

a.k.a. Potato Creek State Park

Comment

Looks like a nice place, according to the satellite pic's....
                          17.5 miles to the fairgrounds

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                          GPS Info. (Latitude, Longitude):
                          41.53576, -86.36087

a.k.a. Potato Creek State Park
                          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

There is also camping at the fair grounds.

Comment

I am still trying to get an answer as to parking our Studebakers at the host hotel. It sounds like to me we are supposed to park them at the fairgrounds all week. I hope this is not true. PLEASE somebody clarify this for me. We have a few people who are planning to caravan up to the South Bend International, but I am not sure they will be at all pleased to have their means of transportation 5 miles away. Again please somebody clarify this for me. (Maybe I'm the only one with this question, but still I would like an answer of some kind.)
                              Joe Roberts
                              '61 R1 Champ
                              '65 Cruiser

Comment

Working...
                              X