1964 wagonaire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is very sad.

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by cindy View Post
      OK, so some a**hole came by and stole the tail lights so those are not available now for parts. Its ok though cuz the area is under video. And I have only given out the address to one person so far, no brainer as to who it may be. And he does come on to this forum too so maybe he will see this and return what he stole. Anyway enough of that. As far the engine not sure if its 6 or 8. It is a stick shift and the floors are rusted out.
      That's definitely 'ghetto'--------and, flat out stupid if a member from here on the SDC Forum would stoop that low.
      --------------------------------------

Sold my 1962; Studeless at the moment

Borrowed Bams50's sigline here:

"Do they all not, by mere virtue of having survived as relics of a bygone era, amass a level of respect perhaps not accorded to them when they were new?"

Comment

Originally posted by cindy View Post
        OK, so some a**hole came by and stole the tail lights so those are not available now for parts. Its ok though cuz the area is under video. And I have only given out the address to one person so far, no brainer as to who it may be. And he does come on to this forum too so maybe he will see this and return what he stole. Anyway enough of that. As far the engine not sure if its 6 or 8. It is a stick shift and the floors are rusted out.
        Please be careful with accusations. I'm not trying to protect anyone, and feel terrible this happened. Although there may be a few bad apples out there, this Forum is a pretty well connected group. It does not make a lot of sense to me for a well-informed Studebaker person to steal this particular item. Supply really exceeds demand. A quick check of Ebay will show lots of these taillights offered with no bidders. (And don't confuse ASKING price or OPENING BID price with value!) Check for completed sales and what they actually SELL for. Anyway, unless the chrome was in extaordinarily good condition I can't understand someone taking the risk to steal them. But they probably are easily removeable with exterior screws holding them on. So it may have just been an opportunist that doesn't know Studebakers. But apparently it happened, and I'm sorry for your experience.

As for the video surveillance, unless it was in broad daylight and you are using very good equipment, it is going to be difficult to get a firm positive ID on someone. Nightime occurance--forget it! Even if it is a Forum member, it's gonna be tough. Again, I'm not trying to protect anyone. Well, actually I am. I don't want an image posted here and have people saying "Hey, that looks like so-and-so." Just trying to protect innocent people. We all know how the Internet is The Wild Wild West when it comes to rumors and accusations.
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Looking for "Wagonaire" chrome script NOS do you have that?

Bill J.
          Bill Jackameit
          1964 Challenger Wagonaire
          1964 Daytona Sedan
          Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
          Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
          https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

Working...
          X