No announcement yet.

Gettysburg Roll Call

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This week is a tight one for me with doctor visits, etc. My wife, Jackie, and I will be arriving Friday AM and will be leaving Saturday late. Gettysburg is a little over a 3 hour drive for us. Be looking for ya!

Frank Drumheller
    Locust Grove, VA
    60S-W6
    M16-52 Boyer-bodied 1948 fire truck

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
      Do you remember Walt Bottger's gray Avanti ...?
      Maroon interior? If it's the one that got front and rear ended, Ron Strapel will have it judged on the field at the Eisenhower.
      "All attempts to 'rise above the issue' are simply an excuse to avoid it profitably." --Dick Gregory

Brad Johnson, SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      sigpic'33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight, '53 Commander Starlight "Désirée"

Comment

Three of us (Hugh Edfors, Chris Brauer, Paul Windish) from Chicagoland AOAI are driving 2 Avantis, Hugh's 03 and my newly renovated '76, are coming in on Thursday, leaving Sunday AM. This will be the first jaunt over 80 miles for my '76 after all the work I've had done on it since April. The last item was a visit to the tire shop. The old tires looked good, only had 4000 miles, but were put on in '98. Hopefully, it will be an enjoyable trip with no mechanical issues.
        sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Jim McCuan twisted my arm, again, for another long distance road trip. Looking forward to meeting you northeast guys. My cell number is 912 253 3037 if any of you wanna meet up.
          Last edited by mbstude; 07-11-2011, 07:33 PM.

Comment

I'll be there Friday and Saturday, not in the Studebaker, sad to say.I'll probably take the Crapparo.
            ...............see ya there!

Comment

See You Friday and Saturday!
              Jim Bradley
              Lake Monticello, VA
              '78 Avanti II
              sigpic

Comment

Sure hope all you folks look us up and say "Hi" We'll be the ones with a Studebaker, lol.
                Jim
                Often in error, never in doubt
                http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

____1966 Avanti II RQA 0088_______________1963 Avanti R2 63R3152____________http://rabidsnailracing.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
                  Paul: Being an 'old timer' and mentioning a cobbled up Gray Avanti. Do you remember Walt Bottger's gray Avanti with the rusted THRU rear bumper? Yup.....holes in the bumper! I've never seen that before. stupak
                  Yes, I also remember the Avanti. I believe that the last that I saw Walt was at another Atlantic Zone Meet and he was vending. He was there in an ElCamino that he referred to as his modified Avanti (reference to the 1987-1991 Avantis on Chevrolet chassis).
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by mbstude View Post
                    Jim McCuan twisted my arm, again, for another long distance road trip. Looking forward to meeting you northeast guys. My cell number is 912 253 3037 if any of you wanna meet up.
                    Matt - I am glad that you will be attending. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Do you remember the guy that needed a part transported from Atlanta to Gettysburg? Maybe you are driving an Avanti and do not have room.

Gettysburg is the Atlantic Zone Meet. To get together with most of the "northeast guys" you will need to attend the Northeast Zone Meet in Waterbury Connecticut in September.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Here already....and, by to tomorrow, we'll be ready for you

Studeguy& Avantidon are in Gettysburg, and have been busy for the last two days getting ready for the show. The Accuweather.com (check us....) forecast is for NO RAIN. John Hull, Dale Sexton, and many more from AOAI have been busy toiling with us to make this show a big success.

Join us this week for the big Studebaker event of the summer, Remember...

In 2011, the Studebaker Address is Gettysburg!

Comment

Laura and I will be there with our recent Chicken coop find Avanti and a Truck and trailer filled with parts , See you Thursday , Ed Jones

Comment

arriving thursday am ( red eye from sfo). leaving sunday. looking forward to the meet!
                          1951 Custom
                          1958 Packard Hawk < resto project
                          1962 Champ
                          1963 Standard R1 4 speed
                          1963 Avanti R1
                          1963 GT Hawk R2 4 speed
                          2006 Avanti Convertible

Comment

The place was absolutely crawling with Avantis yesterday, all colors, all ages- beautiful sight.
                            Paul Johnson, Wild and Wonderful West Virginia.
                            '64 Daytona Wagonaire, '64 Avanti R-1, Museum R-4 engine, '72 Gravely Model 430 with Onan engine

Comment

Originally posted by 53k View Post
                              The place was absolutely crawling with Avantis yesterday, all colors, all ages- beautiful sight.
                              Sounds like the Turquoise sweetheart in the trailer behind me will be in good company.

Comment

Hello all,

Does anyone know for certain if a Studebaker can be displayed without being judged and if so must it be registered prior to Sat.? Thanks and have a safe commute!

regards,
                                Jay

Comment

Working...
                                X