Paint your car with a roller??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint your car with a roller??

I just looked at my brother's copy of the most recent issue of Hot Rod Magazine and there is an article about painting a car with Rustoleum type paint using a roller and even a foam brush. They said it was very labor intensive, but very cheap. Paint,and supplies about $100.00. Not something a person would used on a show car ,but very presentable. Check it out.[:0]

!952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. !962 Daytona
    since May, 2007.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

We talked about it in a thread a few months back, and a few folks tried it.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
    63 Avanti R1
    63 Daytona convert
    63 Lark 2 door
    62 Lark 2 door
    60 Lark HT-60Hawk
    59 3E truck
    58 Starlight
    52 & 53 Starliner
    51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

We talked about it in a thread a few months back, and a few folks tried it.

JDP/Maryland

63 GT R2
      63 Avanti R1
      63 Daytona convert
      63 Lark 2 door
      62 Lark 2 door
      60 Lark HT-60Hawk
      59 3E truck
      58 Starlight
      52 & 53 Starliner
      51 Commander

JDP Maryland

Comment

We yacked a while back about the website that started this 'soon to be overdone' craze (a fad that should go away along with fake patina and suede paint jobs)...
        I am awaiting with great anticipation the roller brush guy that takes the ultimate shortcut on poor painting practices and just blows popcorn on the car like they do on ceilings[:0]
        Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I just looked at my brother's copy of the most recent issue of Hot Rod Magazine and there is an article about painting a car with Rustoleum type paint using a roller and even a foam brush.
        <snip>
        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

We yacked a while back about the website that started this 'soon to be overdone' craze (a fad that should go away along with fake patina and suede paint jobs)...
          I am awaiting with great anticipation the roller brush guy that takes the ultimate shortcut on poor painting practices and just blows popcorn on the car like they do on ceilings[:0]
          Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 52-fan

I just looked at my brother's copy of the most recent issue of Hot Rod Magazine and there is an article about painting a car with Rustoleum type paint using a roller and even a foam brush.
          <snip>

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

search "Tremclad" to find the thread.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
            '63 F2/Lark Standard
            http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

search "Tremclad" to find the thread.

[img=left]http://members.cox.net/clarknovak/lark.gif[/img=left]

Clark in San Diego
              '63 F2/Lark Standard
              http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Jeff[8D]
                Well Jeff, that already exists, its called Earl Schieb! Seriously once I looked at cars a Earl Schieb painted in their shop parking lot and those cars had so much orange peel it looked like the textured ceiling paint!

Kent

Comment

quote:Originally posted by DEEPNHOCK

Jeff[8D]
                  Well Jeff, that already exists, its called Earl Schieb! Seriously once I looked at cars a Earl Schieb painted in their shop parking lot and those cars had so much orange peel it looked like the textured ceiling paint!

Kent

Comment

I had a friend that worked there for a while.
                    He said they had the greatest paint he had ever seen.
                    He said it covered leaves, grass, dirt, sand, and rust.
                    And he was dead serious![:0]
                    Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

Jeff

Comment

I had a friend that worked there for a while.
                      He said they had the greatest paint he had ever seen.
                      He said it covered leaves, grass, dirt, sand, and rust.
                      And he was dead serious![:0]
                      Jeff[8D]

quote:Originally posted by 54-61-62

Jeff

Comment

They do mention in the article that they tried this because of the buzz they had heard about it. I knew a guy a few years back that painted his daughter's S-10 with Rustoleum using a spray gun and it looked really good. Some of us were wondering how it would hold up, but unfortunately someone stole it a week later. The last we heard it was in Laredo,Texas where the thief was arrested stealing gas. The owner decided it wasn't worth enough to go after.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
                        since May, 2007.
                        Searcy, Arkansas
                        1952 2R pickup

Comment

They do mention in the article that they tried this because of the buzz they had heard about it. I knew a guy a few years back that painted his daughter's S-10 with Rustoleum using a spray gun and it looked really good. Some of us were wondering how it would hold up, but unfortunately someone stole it a week later. The last we heard it was in Laredo,Texas where the thief was arrested stealing gas. The owner decided it wasn't worth enough to go after.

1952 Champion Starlight since October,1971. 1962 Daytona
                          since May, 2007.
                          Searcy, Arkansas
                          1952 2R pickup

Comment

In the late '70's I had a '46 M15A (with a Commander 6 []) that I was going to sell. It had some surface rust and peeling paint. A local hardware store was closing so I bought a pack of sandpaper, a quart of Rustoleum paint, a brush and masking tape all for less than $10.00. I taped it up, sanded it down and slapped on battleship grey primer. To tell the truth, it looked pretty good when I got done.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

In the late '70's I had a '46 M15A (with a Commander 6 []) that I was going to sell. It had some surface rust and peeling paint. A local hardware store was closing so I bought a pack of sandpaper, a quart of Rustoleum paint, a brush and masking tape all for less than $10.00. I taped it up, sanded it down and slapped on battleship grey primer. To tell the truth, it looked pretty good when I got done.

Join me in removing narcissists, trolls, self annoited "experts" and general idiots via the Ignore button.

The official SDC Forum heel nipper ���

�Middle age is when your broad mind and narrow waist begin to change places.� E. Joseph Cossman

For every mile of road, there are 2 miles of ditch. ���

"All lies matter - fight the kleptocracy"

Comment

Working...
                              X