X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kmac530
    replied
    Man that is really coming along.
    I like that Turboed V6, is that in the MG? If it is, we really need a build thread on that in the "stovehuggers" forum....

Leave a comment:

• Sdude
    replied
    Looks like you're not wasting any time. Maybe you'll be able to make it to South Bend next year with it.

I like the two tone.

Leave a comment:

• Ricardo
    replied
    Nice color combo. Not very usual in Champs but it looks, as they said, "De Luxe".

With that paint i support the idea to add Lark mouldings to the doors. She will look welll finished.

Leave a comment:

• 63t-cab
    replied
    Hi Merlin,welcome to the SDC.excellent choice for your 1st Stude,( I just love them Champs ) hey I wonder what your plans are for the rocker panels,maybe bolt on ? I like your paint option and I kida figured that the front fender was offset for that reason <G> send me an email to : jeiger3@yahoo.com and I'll send pics of my 63 Champ 8E12 A.T. driver truck.
    Originally posted by mkbruin View Post
    Hello all! I picked up a 62 Champ from the original owner earlier today (I'll post pics in the next few days). I would like to know more about what I have. Its a 62 with the 259, but that;s about all I know. The S/N is E7T2976

Any way to decode this? Where to go for a build sheet? I'm sure I'll have more q's once I post the pics.

This looks like a great community, I look forward to contributing what little I can!

Leave a comment:

• mkbruin
    replied
    Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
    Wow! That is amazing, very good job! The former owner will not recognize it, and then want it back!

That is a nice '60 Champ. If it were mine I think I would consider getting '59-'60 Lark body side Mouldings for the Doors to continue the paint line hiding process from the fenders.
    You could trade someone if you have good Champ fender mouldings, for a pair of Lark ones without the point at the rear end.

The piece on the Cab behind the Doors would have to be made from another moulding, maybe a damaged fender corner moulding that can't be used for it's intended purpose. Our Forum Member and Turning Wheels advertizer Stainless trim guy Matt Burnett of "Starlight Stainless" may be able to help with that.

The "Champ" Nameplate holes would be filled and moved above the Moulding then.

As always, your Truck, your money, not mine!

My dad's explanation:

"The white on the fender is an inch higher than the door as the door break is on the paint line while the fender break is under the trim strip. The trim strip is bottom edge at the pannel line. Thought it would look dumb with a line of white showing just under the trim!"

Leave a comment:

• StudeRich
    replied
    Wow! That is amazing, very good job! The former owner will not recognize it, and then want it back!

That is a nice '60 Champ. If it were mine I think I would consider getting '59-'60 Lark body side Mouldings for the Doors to continue the paint line hiding process from the fenders.
    You could trade someone if you have good Champ fender mouldings, for a pair of Lark ones without the point at the rear end.

The piece on the Cab behind the Doors would have to be made from another moulding, maybe a damaged fender corner moulding that can't be used for it's intended purpose. Our Forum Member and Turning Wheels advertizer Stainless trim guy Matt Burnett of "Starlight Stainless" may be able to help with that.

The "Champ" Nameplate holes would be filled and moved above the Moulding then.

As always, your Truck, your money, not mine!

Leave a comment:

• avantilover
    replied
    What a difference!!!! Congratulations, that looks great, keep up the good work.

Leave a comment:

• mkbruin
    replied
    more pics of the build...

Leave a comment:

• mkbruin
    replied
    You can see my dad's tar-pit story a few posts down (mmagic).

I figured I would post up some more pics of the tear down and rebuild for him.

Leave a comment:

• mkbruin
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan View Post
    It is puzzling looking at some of the undercarriage pics. Looks like HD in the front and SD in the rear. Here is a pic of one of my 3 MG's

I just re-looked at the pic of the MG you posted.... is that a turbo 6 I spy? What's that from?

Leave a comment:

• Mark57
    replied
    V. Nice

A very nice looking Champ pick-up almost exactly like one I used to have back in the early 1980's. As StudeRich observed, it is definitely a 1960 Champ - based upon the serial number, body tag and the parking light grills - which matched the 1960 Lark. ('61-64 Champs used tha same parking light grills as the '59 Lark). Looks like he needs a little TLC, but you have a fun ride... enjoy!

Yes, the coil spring add ons are definitely not stock... wonder if they smooth the ride any???

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied
    Didn't get a good look at then number of leaves, since in the pic. the rear was hard to count. 7 is standard. 11 is HD. I have seen some camper specials with 13 leaves. But 12 is an even but odd number of leaves.

Leave a comment:

• mkbruin
    replied
    Originally posted by Alan View Post
    It is puzzling looking at some of the undercarriage pics. Looks like HD in the front and SD in the rear. Here is a pic of one of my 3 MG's

12 leaf packs in the rear are SD?

Leave a comment:

• Anne F. Goodman
    replied
    That Shag is some scary stuff. Nice Truck

Leave a comment:

• Alan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X