No announcement yet.

How strange - NOT wanting a Studebaker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How strange - NOT wanting a Studebaker?

When I recently transferred the title for my 66 Cruiser to Oregon they asked me if I wanted to have my wife put on the title. I thought for a second and said, "Sure, it might be a good idea." I guess I thought if something happened to me it might make life easier as far a selling the car would be concerned.

So when I came home and told my wife what I had done I didn't get a kiss, but a rather incredulous look while she said, "I don't want a Studebaker." And, being slow that I am, I realized later that in fact my wife is now a Studebaker OWNER! OH, the irony!!
    "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Well, tell her some are born to have Studebakers, and some have Studebakers thrust upon them.
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Oh, that's good, Chris. I'm sure that's how she would put it.
      "Madness...is the exception in individuals, but the rule in groups" - Nietzsche.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
        When I recently transferred the title for my 66 Cruiser to Oregon they asked me if I wanted to have my wife put on the title. I thought for a second and said, "Sure, it might be a good idea." I guess I thought if something happened to me it might make life easier as far a selling the car would be concerned.

So when I came home and told my wife what I had done I didn't get a kiss, but a rather incredulous look while she said, "I don't want a Studebaker." And, being slow that I am, I realized later that in fact my wife is now a Studebaker OWNER! OH, the irony!!
        This I think is the best story I've read on the forum this year.... You should have laughed sinster like and ran away like a cartoon vilian after she made that sad remark... The story kinda mirrors the stories of people going on a bender in Vegas and wake'n up married in a hotel room with goat, a kilo of coke and tattoo... well its kinda like that ... but not breaking any laws.

Comment

Take her for a ride along the coast , She'll settle down.

Comment

First thing is she has to know where to find it. Unless Scott has told her my address she wouldn't know where to get the car!
            George King
            Grants Pass, Oregon
            64 Station Wagon with fixed roof (Canadian Car)

66 Station Wagon with fixed roof. Project car, complete For Sale...

64 Wagonaire sliding roof South Bend car. For Sale...

63 GT Hawk

51 Champion Starlight Coupe For Sale...

Comment

Working...
            X