Motel 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motel 6

I had the opportunity last week to try out our 10% SDC Perferred Partner discount at the Motel 6 in King City CA. Yup! it worked...got 10% off. (Would have paid 10% more at some other place, it was a dump!).
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Understandible....haven't seen a Motel 6 I've liked in years <g>
    sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

I've heard other gripes about Motel 6 stays and treatment. Why would SDC partner with such an obvious loser? stupak

Comment

Originally posted by stupak View Post
        I've heard other gripes about Motel 6 stays and treatment. Why would SDC partner with such an obvious loser? stupak
        CASO=Motel 6.

And now...a message from Bob Andrews...
        KURTRUK
        (read it backwards)

Nothing is politically right which is morally wrong. -A. Lincoln

Comment

Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
          CASO=Motel 6.

And now...a message from Bob Andrews...
          Thanks for the laugh..!

Comment

Last time I stayed in a Motel 6, I got a phone call, about 10:30 (pm), what sounded like a sweet young thing wanting to know if I was alone.....I responded, yeah, except for my wife. She thanked me and hung up.

Comment

I avoid Motel 6 like the plague. The last one I stayed in was a couple of years ago. It was filthy to the point that I was afraid to walk on the rug without shoes. The door had been pried open from both inside and outside at some point. I have often wondered why the SDC would team up with such a company.
              Joe Roberts
              '61 R1 Champ
              '65 Cruiser
              Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Ya know, I had a similar occurence. The sweet young thing asked just about the same thing, "Would you like some companionship?" I said, "It's a secret, I can't tell ya. If I tell ya, I have to kill ya."

Click.

But actually I have had good experiences in Motel 6s. Many of them are new, not old Red Roof Inns, as in Springfield. The new ones are not only very modern, they are just about the same prices as the old ones. I was in Mississauga Canada in a new one a while back and really liked it.

But some of them have a new internet system that only works on the 2nd floor. It was that way in Springfield and also in OKC on the way home.

John

Comment

I used to stay there in South Bend during the annual May swap meet, as did many other attendees...Got to be a little scary as the years went on so I switched to more expensive places but found them to be full of Prom Night kids so I've been staying over at Midlebury/Shipshewanna...Noticed there was a new Hampton Inn going up in Midlebury this year so will probably try it next May...

Comment

Maybe SDC should option from Motel 6 to Super 8.
                    They're still affordable and all I've stayed in have been reasonably clean and lonely in a good way.
                    Andy
                    62 GT

Comment

No they should try Drurry Suites and Inn, all I will stay in if there is one there where I am going, Springfield has one of the best we have ever stayed in dogs and all.
                      Candbstudebakers
                      Castro Valley,
                      California

Comment

>>>Why would SDC partner with such an obvious loser? stupak
                        Just a guess ...SDC likely gets a kick-back for advertising for Motel 6 and us members get an ever-so-slight discount too. The SDC MasterCard (formerly VISA) and our newest advertiser on the SDC Home Page, "Car Guys Flooring," most likely provide similar monetary advantages for our Club. It all isn't such a bad idea; since all moneys brought in by our Club help defray increases in yearly dues.

Comment

My point is that SDC 'could' partner with a reputable national motel chain and probably receive the same rewards/benefits. I think this subject has come up previously, but no SDC action. Perthaps we should communicate with our designated 'powers to be'. I will. stupak

Comment

My point is that SDC 'could' partner with a reputable national motel chain and probably receive the same rewards/benefits. I think this subject has come up previously, but no SDC action. Perthaps we should communicate with our designated 'powers to be'. I will. stupak
                            Stupak, actually I did get your point very well, but if I had responded like the “EXAMPLE” given below we both know what would happen to this thread.<GRIN> Hey, lets you & I give our Club’s new leader a little time to get his feet on the ground and then see how effectively the wills of the general SDC membership are communicated. OK???<WINK>

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

EXAMPLE:
                            >>>Perthaps we should communicate with our designated 'powers to be'. I will. stupak
                            ...OR ...maybe the other way around!?!? They should make the effort to get input from us 12,400 "Regular Joe & Jane" SDC Members.

In 2009, a bidder for printing of our fine TURNING WHEELS magazine offered to print & insert in the poly bag a mail-back questionnaire (survey) twice a year for FREE!!! EVERY SDC Member receiving TURNING WHEELS could then have input on important Club issues. Well, that bidder did not get the contract and apparently the "ask-the-membership" idea died.
                            Last edited by Welcome; 07-04-2011, 06:07 AM.

Comment

On my recent trip to Indy, I stayed at both Motel 6 and Super 8. I stayed at good and less good at both.
                              I stayed a a great Motel 6 in Billings, and a real so-so (it hadn't been updated for years but the staff wes nice, the parking lot was well lit and empty and it was across the street from a Dennys) in Normal, Ill. Likewise, I had differing experiences at Red Roof Inns.

It all depends on the owner. The chains don't seem to do much quality control or inspection. My best room was lucking upon the billeting facility at Grissom Air Reserve base north of Indy. I did the seldom-used retired officer thing, and it was first rate. Not wanting to drag the trailer to town, and not being a weekend, the dining hall/club wasn't open, so I was content to buy a microweave dinner from the front desk.

At the end of the day, all I was looking for was a reasonably clean room and a safe place to park the truck/trailer...without spending $100+ at the more upscale "budget" chains Holiday Inn Express, etc.
                              As far as the the room, I figure people stayed in worse, heck I spent a month in a 10' X 8' windowless trailer on a cot in the Egyptian desert and survived, so it's all relative.
                              Last edited by JBOYLE; 07-04-2011, 08:23 PM.
                              63 Avanti R1 2788
                              1914 Stutz Bearcat
                              (George Barris replica)

Washington State

Comment

Working...
                              X