• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Welcome
    replied
    Originally posted by stupak View Post
    >>>Why would SDC partner with such an obvious loser? stupak
    Just a guess ...SDC likely gets a kick-back for advertising for Motel 6 and us members get an ever-so-slight discount too. The SDC MasterCard (formerly VISA) and our newest advertiser on the SDC Home Page, "Car Guys Flooring," most likely provide similar monetary advantages for our Club. It all isn't such a bad idea; since all moneys brought in by our Club help defray increases in yearly dues.

Leave a comment:

• candbstudebakers
    replied
    No they should try Drurry Suites and Inn, all I will stay in if there is one there where I am going, Springfield has one of the best we have ever stayed in dogs and all.

Leave a comment:

• Andy R.
    replied
    Maybe SDC should option from Motel 6 to Super 8.
    They're still affordable and all I've stayed in have been reasonably clean and lonely in a good way.

Leave a comment:

• fstst56
    replied
    I used to stay there in South Bend during the annual May swap meet, as did many other attendees...Got to be a little scary as the years went on so I switched to more expensive places but found them to be full of Prom Night kids so I've been staying over at Midlebury/Shipshewanna...Noticed there was a new Hampton Inn going up in Midlebury this year so will probably try it next May...

Leave a comment:

• Johnnywiffer
    replied
    Ya know, I had a similar occurence. The sweet young thing asked just about the same thing, "Would you like some companionship?" I said, "It's a secret, I can't tell ya. If I tell ya, I have to kill ya."

Click.

But actually I have had good experiences in Motel 6s. Many of them are new, not old Red Roof Inns, as in Springfield. The new ones are not only very modern, they are just about the same prices as the old ones. I was in Mississauga Canada in a new one a while back and really liked it.

But some of them have a new internet system that only works on the 2nd floor. It was that way in Springfield and also in OKC on the way home.

John

Leave a comment:

• JRoberts
    replied
    I avoid Motel 6 like the plague. The last one I stayed in was a couple of years ago. It was filthy to the point that I was afraid to walk on the rug without shoes. The door had been pried open from both inside and outside at some point. I have often wondered why the SDC would team up with such a company.

Leave a comment:

• tbredehoft
    replied
    Last time I stayed in a Motel 6, I got a phone call, about 10:30 (pm), what sounded like a sweet young thing wanting to know if I was alone.....I responded, yeah, except for my wife. She thanked me and hung up.

Leave a comment:

• mbstude
    replied
    Originally posted by kurtruk View Post
    CASO=Motel 6.

And now...a message from Bob Andrews...
    Thanks for the laugh..!

Leave a comment:

• kurtruk
    replied
    Originally posted by stupak View Post
    I've heard other gripes about Motel 6 stays and treatment. Why would SDC partner with such an obvious loser? stupak
    CASO=Motel 6.

And now...a message from Bob Andrews...

Leave a comment:

• stupak
    replied
    I've heard other gripes about Motel 6 stays and treatment. Why would SDC partner with such an obvious loser? stupak

Leave a comment:

• 2R5
    replied
    Understandible....haven't seen a Motel 6 I've liked in years <g>

Leave a comment:

• Lou Van Anne
    started a topic Motel 6

Motel 6

I had the opportunity last week to try out our 10% SDC Perferred Partner discount at the Motel 6 in King City CA. Yup! it worked...got 10% off. (Would have paid 10% more at some other place, it was a dump!).
Working...
X