Radiator Paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator Paint

Howdy All, After a setback, I am getting close to finishing my winter project, only a couple seasons late! I have just finished looming my wiring harness under the hood, and am ready to hang the front clip back on. Some before and almost finished after pics. But before I do, I would like to paint my radiator. I have painted it with satin black rattlecan enamel in the past, but have had a friend tell me recently, that there is a paint made especially for radiators. Has anyone heard of this paint and what the difference is, and who might be a supplier for it? Thanks Tim

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
    I own time machines.....

Go to www.eastwoodco.com and search for radiator. They sell a few spray paints for radiators.

Comment

Go to www.eastwoodco.com and search for radiator. They sell a few spray paints for radiators.

Comment

Is that blue wire coating???? Is that shrink wrapped???? What is it???

Comment

Is that blue wire coating???? Is that shrink wrapped???? What is it???

Comment

Thanks for the link to Eastwood. The looming is 3/8" split cover flexible plastic. The flash on my camera makes it look almost a shocking blue color! [:0] It isnt quite that intense in color to the eye. Tim

<div align="left">Tim Stevens Big Sky Country, Montana '59 4E7-122 '59 Silver Hawk '57 Parkview Wagon '41 Double Dater Coupe</div id="left">
            I own time machines.....

Comment

Thanks for the link to Eastwood. The looming is 3/8" split cover flexible plastic. The flash on my camera makes it look almost a shocking blue color! [:0] It isnt quite that intense in color to the eye. Tim

I own time machines.....

Comment

Where do you get those rocker covers from???

Comment

Where do you get those rocker covers from???

Comment

Howdy, the finned aluminum valve and valley covers came from the good folks at Studebaker International. They sure do give a Stude V8 a cool 50's - 60's look! [8D] Tim

I own time machines.....

Comment

Howdy, the finned aluminum valve and valley covers came from the good folks at Studebaker International. They sure do give a Stude V8 a cool 50's - 60's look! [8D] Tim

I own time machines.....

Comment

There is a low gloss black spray paint that works well as a radiator paint. It is low gloss high heat engine enamel from Auto Zone. Covered very well, with low film build, which is what you want on a radiator.

Comment

There is a low gloss black spray paint that works well as a radiator paint. It is low gloss high heat engine enamel from Auto Zone. Covered very well, with low film build, which is what you want on a radiator.

Comment

Working...
                          X