Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice little Stuberbacker

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1960-...QQcmdZViewItem

Looks like a nice car- the seats are even in godd condition! (and orginal)... wish it wasn't in CA; a few days in my garage would cure it's tendency to be pervious.....

SERIOUSLY- S P E L L C H E C K!!

My 16 year old son is a high-honor student, 128 IQ, and a great kid; but is just a terrible speller! I show him things like this to continue driving home this lesson: Spellcheck is super-easy to use; if you're a bad speller, USE IT!!

Robert K. Andrews Owner- IoMT (Island of Misfit Toys!)
    Parish, central NY 13131
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2358680/1

quote:wish it wasn't in CA
    It's not just in California, it is in Placerville (Used to be Hangtown)where John Studebaker made his fortune building wheelbarrows.

Sometimes I have spelled a word so wrong that the spell check can't even recognize it. Is there a spell check on the forum now? And if so, how do you use it?

Leonard Shepherd
    http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

quote:wish it wasn't in CA
      It's not just in California, it is in Placerville (Used to be Hangtown)where John Studebaker made his fortune building wheelbarrows.

Sometimes I have spelled a word so wrong that the spell check can't even recognize it. Is there a spell check on the forum now? And if so, how do you use it?

Leonard Shepherd
      http://leonardshepherd.com/

Comment

Really pretty nice Stuberbacker! It is very rare to find a Deluxe 2dr. sedan with an V-8 Automatic AND the optional Regal padded dash and Deluxe steering wheel! And it does look original all except the chrome headlight rings!

I finally figured out what he was trying to say about the FO working" for three a !" He could not spell Triple A, so that's what came out!

StudeRich
        Studebakers Northwest
        Ferndale, WA
        StudeRich
        Second Generation Stude Driver,
        Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Really pretty nice Stuberbacker! It is very rare to find a Deluxe 2dr. sedan with an V-8 Automatic AND the optional Regal padded dash and Deluxe steering wheel! And it does look original all except the chrome headlight rings!

I finally figured out what he was trying to say about the FO working" for three a !" He could not spell Triple A, so that's what came out!

StudeRich
          Studebakers Northwest
          Ferndale, WA
          StudeRich
          Second Generation Stude Driver,
          Proud '54 Starliner Owner

Comment

Snowcareer... I wonder if the individual's first language isn't english. Perhaps Quebequois or Spannish?

Home of the famous Mr. Ed!
            Lotsa Larks!
            K.I.S.S. Keep It Simple Studebaker!
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
            Ron Smith
            Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

Snowcareer... I wonder if the individual's first language isn't english. Perhaps Quebequois or Spannish?

Lotsa Larks!
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Lewiston, CA?
              Ron Smith
              Where the heck is Fawn Lodge, CA?

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Never thought of that; but still NO excuse for spending the time and effort to list it and not proofreading....[B)]

BTW- Spanish has one "n"........

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by studeclunker

Never thought of that; but still NO excuse for spending the time and effort to list it and not proofreading....[B)]

BTW- Spanish has one "n"........

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Your spelling looks just fine here! If there's a spell check here, I don't know where.

What I've learned to do is, write what I want to say in WordPad; proofread and spellcheck; then copy and paste in the reply box. It happens that I have a natural ability to write and spell. People call me regularly to give them the correct spelling of words. Didn't study or earn it; just happens. I use WordPad because a couple of times I wrote a detailed description in the midst of building an eBay listing, only to find that eBay will, without warning, just dump what you've taken upwards of an hour to write[}][}] So I get it done, then just copy and paste it in the listing.

Not being a great speller is not a crime; in an informal setting like a forum, it's not a big deal. But when you're spending upwards of $100 trying to sell something, why wouldn't you take the extra two minutes to make your ad look as clear and professional as possible?

Probably the same reason they go to the trouble to list a car they want big bucks for and post it with one dark, blurry picture.....[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

quote:Originally posted by lstude

Your spelling looks just fine here! If there's a spell check here, I don't know where.

What I've learned to do is, write what I want to say in WordPad; proofread and spellcheck; then copy and paste in the reply box. It happens that I have a natural ability to write and spell. People call me regularly to give them the correct spelling of words. Didn't study or earn it; just happens. I use WordPad because a couple of times I wrote a detailed description in the midst of building an eBay listing, only to find that eBay will, without warning, just dump what you've taken upwards of an hour to write[}][}] So I get it done, then just copy and paste it in the listing.

Not being a great speller is not a crime; in an informal setting like a forum, it's not a big deal. But when you're spending upwards of $100 trying to sell something, why wouldn't you take the extra two minutes to make your ad look as clear and professional as possible?

Probably the same reason they go to the trouble to list a car they want big bucks for and post it with one dark, blurry picture.....[xx(]

Parish, central NY 13131

Comment

When I send a Email my spell-check will not work.But when I write in the forum I click ABC Check in my top & it works.I use Google,give it a try .What the HAY !

Comment

When I send a Email my spell-check will not work.But when I write in the forum I click ABC Check in my top & it works.I use Google,give it a try .What the HAY !

Comment

This forum software is incredibly rich, and FREE! But I don't think it has Spell-Check. I'm really glad sometimes that it doesn't have Smell-Check!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                            The Red-Headed Amazon
                            Deep in the heart of Texas

Paul Simpson
                            "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                            The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

This forum software is incredibly rich, and FREE! But I don't think it has Spell-Check. I'm really glad sometimes that it doesn't have Smell-Check!

[img=left]http://rocketdillo.com/studebaker/misc/images/Avacar-hcsdc.gif[/img=left]DilloCrafter

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                              The Red-Headed Amazon

Paul Simpson
                              "DilloCrafter"

1955 1/2 Ton Pickup
                              The Red-Headed Amazon

Comment

Working...
                              X