SDC Officers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDC Officers

I haven't noticed a post on this subject. Who are the current (as of yesterday) Officers of SDC?
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

HEY!!! Stop reading my mind!!!
    I was wondering the same thing earlier this week...
    I know I know- it's that 'great minds' thing or something.

(I do have some questions of you on this topic, but that's what PMs are for)
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I believe Tom Curtis is our new President and Carl Thomason is Vice President (which I think he was last term).
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Originally posted by brngarage View Post
        I believe Tom Curtis is our new President and Carl Thomason is Vice President (which I think he was last term).
        Tom Curtis is the new President. All other officers remain.

Denny L

Comment

What is Tom Curtis's background? I just keep thinking he was involved in the Avanti club, am I wrong?
          Tom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
            What is Tom Curtis's background?<<<
            Others may add to this;

Michiana Chapter President the past two years during which the Chapter's membership increase 300%!!!

Crossroads Zone Director sitting on the SDC National Board of Directors since 2009

Headed up the SDC National Membership Committee and the person most responsibile for the SDC's "new look" & new membership campaign

The person singulary most responsible for the effort to revitalize our SDC

One, if not the most, insightful, action-oriented, open-minded, dynamic, progressive thinking Presidents since our Founder, Harry Barnes.

The right person, at the right time, to lead our Studebaker Drivers Club into its 2nd 50 Years!!!

...other than that, I know nothing this guy has ever done
            Last edited by Welcome; 06-26-2011, 05:30 AM.

Comment

Does he frequent the forum?

1234567890- jimmijim
              Originally posted by Welcome View Post
              Others may add to this;

Michiana Chapter President the past two years during which the Chapter's membership increase 300%!!!

Crossroads Zone Director sitting on the SDC National Board of Directors since 2009

Headed up the SDC National Membership Committee and the person most responsibile for the SDC's "new look" & new membership campaign

The person singulary most responsible for the effort to revitalize our SDC!!!

...other than that, don't know what this guy has ever done
              sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Yes wouldn't it be great to have more "Board of Directors" participation on the Forum?
                Good Roads
                Brian
                Brian Woods
                woodysrods@shaw.ca
                1946 M Series (Shop Truck)

Comment

AMEN on "all the above" regarding Tom Curtis.

'Great guy; I was encouraged and happy to hear that he is SDC's new President.

Tom designed, and was directly responsible for the placement of, the "We Invented Cool" advertising item you've seen in various collector-car publications.

'Glad to hear he is SDC's new President, with thanks extended to Mimi Halgren for her excellent job the past two years in that position. BP
                  We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Thank you for the answer.
                    I have spent some time with Tom Curtis and was very favorably impressed.
                    This means that Ed Reynolds is now off the SDC Board, unless he took over Tom Curtis' SDC Director position.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Others may add to this;

The person singulary most responsible for the effort to revitalize our SDC

One, if not the most, insightful, action-oriented, open-minded, dynamic, progressive thinking Presidents since our Founder, Harry Barnes.

The right person, at the right time, to lead our Studebaker Drivers Club into its 2nd 50 Years!!!

...other than that, I know nothing this guy has ever done
                      *******************************************************************************

Very good list, Welcome. Thanks for posting.

To know the real Tom, spend an afternoon in his 'Studebaker Garage' to guage his love for everything Studebaker. He has his own "Studebaker Indiana Museum" with its Studebaker dealer showroom where a 1937yellow Coupe-Express holds center stage. Tom is a man who makes newcomers feel at ease within his awesome surroundings, he listens and takes an interest in others and other's view of all things Studebaker. He is a sharp person and I feel good about his being the new President of SDC.

Congratulations, Tom, and we support you in your new role.

Frank Drumheller
                      Locust Grove, VA
                      60S-W6
                      M16-52 Boyer-bodied 1948 fire truck
                      Last edited by studelark; 06-27-2011, 05:13 PM. Reason: Spacing error.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmijim8 View Post
                        Does he frequent the forum? 1234567890- jimmijim
                        Studebaker Corporation President Sherwood EgbertStudebaker Drivers Club President Tom Curtis.

Comment

Studebaker Corporation President Sherwood EgbertStudebaker Drivers Club President Tom Curtis.
                          Skip Lackie

Comment

Good summary, Skip. As you know, I have (for several years, to the SDC Board) suggested that SDC Forum coverage be rotated on a monthly basis among the SDC Board members. That way, each person would only have one month out of 15 (counting SDC Officers as ex-officio board members).
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968

Comment

Originally posted by studelark View Post
                              Very good list, Welcome. Thanks for posting.

To know the real Tom, spend an afternoon in his 'Studebaker Garage' to guage his love for everything Studebaker. He has his own "Studebaker Indiana Museum" with its Studebaker dealer showroom where a 1937 yellow Coupe-Express holds center stage.
                              Originally posted by studelark View Post

Tom is a man who makes newcomers feel at ease within his awesome surroundings, he listens and takes an interest in others and other's view of all things Studebaker. He is a sharp person and I feel good about his being the new President of SDC.

Congratulations, Tom, and we support you in your new role.

Frank Drumheller

AMEN to all that, Frank. I had the privilege of attending a Michiana Chapter Christmas Dinner at Tom's invitation at his "Studebaker Garage" maybe four years ago. You'd be hard-pressed to find a more enjoyable guy to be around, or a better host.

We should be so happy he's stepped into the breach...although that may be a poor choice of words <GGG> BP
                              We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Working...
                              X