Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July 2011 Turning Wheels

Call me shocked that no one has mentioned the July 2011
    issue of Turning Wheels and the articles/photos within.

But then again- we knew some of it was coming and all, but still...

I DARE you to read what Matt had to write and NOT tear up~

or what StudeBob/Mr Biggs had to say to the Engineering Building.

Did I mention the AWESOME inside front cover and/or the back cover?

Happy birthday to me!!!
    StudeDave '57
    US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
    SDC Member since 1985

past President
    Whatcom County Chapter SDC
    San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
    San Diego Chapter SDC
    North Florida Chapter SDC

All the Turning Wheels early birds must be in Springfield. Haven seen my issue yet.

Gordon

Comment

I am blushing...
      I got a phone call Monday night from Ray Petros. He told me he had just opened his TW and saw his truck! I wish Catherine could have video taped him seeing the picture for the first time! Even through the phone, I could see a huge smile on his face! I had to wait till Wednesday night to get my copy! Our chapter had a meeting @ the Petros' home in May. When I pulled in and saw where their truck was parked, I grabbed the camera. Ray asked me to let him know if the shot turned out. I never said a word to him! SURPRISE!!!

Matthew's piece left me speechless. I can only hope that someone will feel/talk so highly of me like Matthew does of Tom. Wow.
      Carey
      Packard Hawk

Comment

Bummer

Originally posted by laughinlark View Post
        Haven seen my issue yet. Gordon
        I do realize that some folks were in Springfield this week, but I also figured someone would've had a copy to share... And since I don't get mine First Class anymore- I thought most everyone in the States had seen it by now- sorry!!! I have no comment on those poor souls to the North- I know what's going on up there...

StudeDave '57
        StudeDave '57
        US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
        San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
        San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

I just got mine today and it is beautiful! Plan on spending an hour reading in detail tomorrow, but leafing through was fantastic... especially the article on "the crease"!

Clark in San Diego | '63 Standard (F2) "Barney" | http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Comment

I got mine yesterday. Originally, I had planned on attending the International Meet [I wanted to get a good look at some stock (or nearly stock) 53 interiors and, of course, to visit the vendors and meet a few more folks] but work interfered and I had to stick around.

Made my day when I saw it in my mailbox. Between that and the pics posted on the forum from the event, my mood has improved dramatically.
            Last edited by dnevin; 06-24-2011, 10:34 PM.
            Dave Nevin
            Corvallis, OR
            1953 Champion Deluxe Coupe
            Stud-e-venture blog

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
              Call me shocked that no one has mentioned the July 2011 issue of Turning Wheels and the articles/photos within. But then again- we knew some of it was coming and all, but still...

or what StudeBob/Mr Biggs had to say to the Engineering Building.

Did I mention the AWESOME inside front cover and/or the back cover?

Happy birthday to me!!!
              Mine arrived yesterday. Could not put it down until I read cover-to-cover. One of the best issues yet. Well represents what our Club is all about and the people in it!!!

Wish I had 10 or so extra July 2011 TURNING WHEELmembership package

PS: Happy Birthday!

Comment

I did learn that I have the wrong door handles on my Hawk............

Comment

Got mine yesterday and it was read as soon as I got back into the house. The 'crease' article was very interesting.

Matt's writing was so heartfelt and real. And I really want to compliment Matt on his ability to use the English language so properly.

Oh, yeah, the pic of the truck was just beautiful.

Comment

See, you folks who could not attend the National Meet in Springfield this year were compensated due to the mailing schedule: Many of you had your July Turning Wheels in hand before others returned from Springfield and opened the mail that arrived while they were gone.

Silver lining to the "wish I could have gone to Springfield" cloud and all that. BP
                    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
                    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

Got mine a couple of days ago and I do agree that it is one of the best, but then they are all pretty good aren't they?
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

REF: article "The Crease" What a piece of artistic writing, kept me glued to every word. A tip of the hat to George Hamlin.

Comment

Originally posted by Welcome View Post
                          PS: Happy Birthday!
                          Thanks

StudeDave '57
                          StudeDave '57
                          US Navy (retired)

SDC Member since 1985

past President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                          San Diego Chapter SDC

Comment

Originally posted by StudeDave57 View Post
                            Agreed Dave, I had to wipe a tear as well .... And I was privileged to meet Matt in Springifield, He is a great young man and also one of those individuals who will mean great things for the Studebaker Drivers Club for years to come.
                            sigpic
                            John
                            63R-2386
                            Resto-Mod by Michael Myer

Comment

George wrote a nice article on the "crease".
                              A couple of typos/errors crept in. Bob Bourke's name was misspelled and the 1955 identified as a Speedster is not a Speedster.
                              Also, the 1953 crease was not initially a styling item. Bob put this in to prevent panel drumming. Bob made it in the shape of a Duesenberg swoop to give it a styling touch.
                              As most here know, Flamingo was offered across the Lark line late in the 1961 model year.
                              Gary L.
                              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                              X