Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty nice 61 conv. e bay 6600 BIN

2345678ui9o0p[ jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

I agree, interesting.......wish he had better pics posted. Those are far to close and you can not see much. Right inner fender looks unpainted. Dash looks tired and radio is not correct. Looks like it doesn't have much rust, but pics are to poor to tell.

Comment

At the current SDC International Meet in Springfield Larry Swanson has the latest silver & gold coins featuring an image of the 1961 Lark convertible.

\"QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER\"
      MELBOURNE.

Comment

It seems to have all its California sunshine patina. I LOVE that radiator cap. For the picture, he should have removed the battery charger and top boot.

Comment

Just sold! Wonder if it's anyone here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1961-...item3cb94cf5d2

Jim, those radiator caps are sold on eBay. There's a couple different colors, and I believe they do one for a Hawk and a couple others.
          Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
          Romans 15:13
          Deuteronomy 31:6
          Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Had it been automatic It would have been coming to Alabama.
            Originally posted by Bob Andrews View Post
            Just sold! Wonder if it's anyone here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1961-...item3cb94cf5d2

Jim, those radiator caps are sold on eBay. There's a couple different colors, and I believe they do one for a Hawk and a couple others.
            sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

Ya,

I hit the ebuy-it-now and spoke with the owner. It seems like a pretty decent car; V8 standard, etc.

The last two Studebakers I bought came from California and compaired to east coast (rust belt) cars, even with shipping costs, they are still well worth it.

We'll see how it works out, I'll keep you posted,

Dan
              Dan Peterson
              Montpelier, VT
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible
              1960 Lark V-8 Convertible (parts car)

Comment

congrats, I think you are ok. jimmijim

Comment

Best wishes on what appears to be a nice find! This fills a void between your 1960 and 1962 convertibles. 1961 is our favorite Lark year. I just showed the pictures to Cathy. We have owned four 1961 Larks, but no convertible (Skytop hardtop was the closest).

This is an "odd" convertible in that it has a manual tune radio, no ps, no pb, no oil filter. These are all good to me now, but unusual for a new convertible. I wonder if you find it to be an ordered car or else a dealer just wanted to stay below some price point.
                  Gary L.
                  Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                  Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Good for you, Dan! I doubt you could go wrong at that price. Do let us have a follow-up and some good pictures.
                    Proud NON-CASO

I do not prize the word "cheap." It is not a badge of honor...it is a symbol of despair. ~ William McKinley

If it is decreed that I should go down, then let me go down linked with the truth - let me die in the advocacy of what is just and right.- Lincoln

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Ephesians 6:10-17
                    Romans 15:13
                    Deuteronomy 31:6
                    Proverbs 28:1

Illegitimi non carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by dpson View Post
                      Ya, I hit the ebuy-it-now and spoke with the owner. Dan
                      Don't forget to change your sig-line...

All kidding aside- looks like a good one- good buy!!!
                      StudeDave '57
                      US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
                      SDC Member since 1985

past President
                      Whatcom County Chapter SDC
                      San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
                      San Diego Chapter SDC
                      North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

Thanks guys,

I'm going to give PEG trucking a call to see when they think it can be picked up. The last time I had a car shipped from California I used PEG. At that time they gave me a price that was so low it didn't attact any truckers, so to make it work they gave up their commission and everything worked out okay. Not many firms would do that, so I'll try them again.

I"ll post some photos once it gets here, which will probably be in a few weeks.

To be safe I'm not going to change my signature line until the car is in my possession, don't want to hex things...
                        Dan Peterson
                        Montpelier, VT

Comment

You scored one hell of a deal. Clean looking car!!!

Comment

PEG is doing the shipping.

I spoke with Dr. Ken (previous owner) and the car was pickup today and is heading east. It should be here around Friday.

Can't wait to see what it looks like. Fingers crossed....
                            Dan Peterson
                            Montpelier, VT

Comment

What a steal! Looks like a Carter 4bbl carb under there too. I wonder how they arrived at the BIN price? I had a black '59 Lark 2dr-HT with factory 4V, dual exhaust and auto trans. It was highly dependable and would fly. Sold it in 1981 and still miss it.
                              edp/NC
                              \'63 Avanti
                              \'66 Commander

Comment

Working...
                              X